1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time of year to purchase

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by sparced, Sep 13, 2003.

1. sparced

sparced

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I'm intrested in getting a Sony TVR33, the best price I can find is £585 on Digital-Point.co.uk which is still a little over my budget of £550. Will a find a lower price more towards Chirstmas or will the prices basically stay the same till way after Christmas, the January Sales.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    £585 for the TRV33 was the best price I could find doing a quick search on Google.
    I would not expect prices to drop on the lead up to Christmas, as that is when these units will sell in high numbers. But September/October is the time that new models are released in time for Christmas, so IF the 33 becomes an old model then it may drop in price as retailers discount to sell off the old models. You then have the difficault choice of getting the more expensive but newer model or the discounted price on the older model :confused: . Why can life never be simple? :rolleyes:

Mark.

3. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found the TRV33 for £579 at PCR Direct, inc VAT and delivery. Still slightly over your budget but getting closer :)

4. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    And if PRC Direct run out of stock, www.rgbdirect.co.uk have it for the same price with free delivery

These must have just come down in price because I too am looking to buy a TRV 33 and last week, the same companies were charging £610 (PRC) and £585 (RGB).

5. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D'OH I was looking at the price www.BerridgeMail.co.uk had the TRV33 down for over the weekend (£479 inc VAT)...
    It's gone back up to £549 :eek:

6. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    With BerridgeMail, you'll also have to pay £6.81 postage. However, www.ajelectronics.co.uk are selling it for £549.00, including postage, so, Marc R2, this comes within your £550 budget.

7. sparced

sparced

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    that's great I can get it for £550, thanks guys, but now I know I've missed the chance of getting it for £479 + £6 p&p maybe I should wait until another fantastic offer comes around again, is it likely price Berridge Mail will reduce their price again? :confused:

8. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As Berridgemail are selling the TRV22 for £479, I suspect that Jpfahy might have misread the product code and thought it was the TRV33. Or it could be that, when Berridge were updating the web site with the new lower prices, someone made a mistake which has since been corrected (I'd been looking on the site last week and the TRV33 was nearer £600).

You could decide to wait because the prices will always get lower, but whether this will take weeks or months, who knows! As this is now at the price you were planning on spending, I'd go for it now.

Alternatively, you could always try Sony's own on-line shop (www.sonystyle-europe.com) who are selling the TRV33 at (and I quote) a 'New reduced price' of £799.99 !!!!!!!

9. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Berridge don't have them in stock until October now.

10. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    melliot1963,
    It was definitely £479 for the TRV33 (I drooled over that jpeg for an hour at least) like you say they must have made an error with the prices. Oh well, maybe it won't drop that low again :(

11. Ace T

Ace T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    So has anyone purchased from AJ Electronics before or Digital Point as I am also after the Sony TRV-33??

12. Sam

Sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got my TRV-33 from AJ Electronics last week. £588 - good price and arrived within about 3 days. :D

Recommended. :smashin: