• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best time of year to buy ?

Sussex-John

Standard Member
Hi, I'm new to this, so I've been reading these boards for a few days - great information, thank you. So after a few days of research, I thought I wanted a DSP-AX763 and some Q-Acoustic 1010i speakers, but I now realise that the Yamaha is sold out and is being replaced by a new model. I've also noticed that the price for it has changed a lot over the last 12 months. So my question is do you think some months are much better for getting a deal? Thanks, John

Hi, I'm new to this, so I've been reading these boards for a few days - great information, thank you. So after a few days of research, I thought I wanted a DSP-AX763 and some Q-Acoustic 1010i speakers, but I now realise that the Yamaha is sold out and is being replaced by a new model. I've also noticed that the price for it has changed a lot over the last 12 months. So my question is do you think some months are much better for getting a deal? Thanks, John

Exchange rates and availability have been key over the last six months. Assuming new models means availability I would purchase your chosen choice when you can, unless timing is not of the essence. Perhaps the next years models will yield discounts on obselete models but this year supplies of existing popular models dried up.

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Probably the best period to buy anything is the months following Christmas. There's usually no shortage of stock, models released around about now are on the shelves still and retailers discount stock to attract customers.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
It used to be much simpler; find out when the new models are coming out and look at last years models just before and in the first few weeks of the new model release to get a bargain.

However, the finacial climate has changed this and retailers (and manufacturers) aren't keeping the stocks they used to ---- hence the number of posts on these forums saying how difficult it is has been to get a reciever for the last few months. The 763 is a case in point ---- new one (765) not due until July but haven't been able to get the old one easily for the last couple of months.

I think the 'rules' for getting the bargains has changed a bit and you need to keep new model release dates, stock levels and prices, closely monitered.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom