1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best technology for sunny room?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RouDaddy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. RouDaddy

RouDaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first AV-Forums post. I read most of the older threads but was unable to pull together concrete advice. I am looking for a 40-45 HD set for a Sunroom - 3 walls are basically windows. It sounds like some of the DLP and rear proj sets are very bright, but I have also read some of the Sharp Aquos LCD's have good anti-reflective coatings.

I am open to LCD, Plasma or rear-proj/DLP (have space for any) but would like some guidance. My wife had curtains made for the room but they are designed to be left mostly open. One alternative I may explore is a polarized window film, but only if I find that I make a big purchase and still am not satisfied with the results.

Best Regards,

Rou

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Welcome ,
    I am fairly certain that someone has a plasma set up a similar way . I think he resorted to having blinds .
    I think it was in the "get your plasmas out " thread . It would be worth having a look through it to see what he did .
    Happy searching
    John