Best tablet for under £100

PerfectBlue97

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I realise that sub £100 tablets aren't exactly going to be iPad quality, but what are the best of the ones that are available?

I'm pretty much only going to be using it to watch videos on Youtube, and to stream media around the home, as well as a little Googling. It's going to be a "something to use while bored in the middle of the night" device, rather than my main source of entertainment.

Memory isn't important as I'm going to be connecting to a NAS for storage. An SD card "would be nice" but isn't essential.

Screen size, 5-7 inches.

I'm not bothered if the screen is multi-touch. I don't really use it. So a resistive or capacitive screen is OK.

Screen resolution isn't really important. I'm only going to be watching SD quality video most of the time. I'm not going to get a good HD screen for under £100, anyway.

I'd like it to have an orientation sensors, and to be rechargeable through USB.

Google Play store is absolutely essential. The ability to side-load is also pretty big.

I'd value recommendations from people who actually own the devices, rather than people who've read reviews but who have never used them.

16GB Nexus 7? They're new for £160 so maybe you can pick one up close to £100. I've arranged to sell mine for £100 and I imagine it's a pretty common price for used 16GB's.

The Archos 80 Cobalt usually sells for about £80 on Ebay, I got mine for £49 from Tesco on Boxing day. This tablet still runs ICS (Android 4.0) so has none of the connection issues that many of the cheaper tablets have running Jelly Bean, Youtube HD video plays seamlessly

16GB Nexus 7? They're new for £160 so maybe you can pick one up close to £100. I've arranged to sell mine for £100 and I imagine it's a pretty common price for used 16GB's.

I'd prefer something new, at least I'd know what I was getting.

There are too many people selling beat up kit online these days.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom