Best tablet for multi format book files?

Discussion in 'Tablets Forum' started by nightofjoy, Jan 30, 2014.

1. nightofjoy

nightofjoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I run a food blog and I have people sending recipes to me for testing, sometimes as a single sheet, sometimes as an ebook, but always a number of different file types, pdf, epub etc

I'm considering getting myself a tablet to view them on, as printing them out is a bit of a pain.

Is there a decent tab out there, very basic that I can view everything on? I've no interest in moving from paper books to tablet format for my other reading, and it doesn't need any other fancy apps or features at all. I just need to be able to plug it in to my mac and drag the files on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Courtjezter

Courtjezter
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,646
    Nook HD+ would be my choice for that. It even lets you take cuttings from magazines, shown on the tablet, to make your own collections. I have done it with a couple of recipes.

3. everett_psycho

everett_psycho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,620
    Try and install calibre on your Mac, it should be able to change any eBook to any format quickly, that should mean any tablet will work with then all. If you want to save cash and don't need colour a nook simple touch will read them all for £30 and a quick but if tinkering to root it, with the benefit of much longer battery life