• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Best Tablet ~£250

PocketBunny

Prominent Member
Hi all

The Mrs wants a tablet for Christmas this year. The main thing she will use it for is web browsing and watching Netflix etc. Due to this a larger screen is preferable.

Ive been looking at the Galaxy Tab A, but this mainly due to its price point.

Any suggestions?

Sonic67

Banned
Linx 10 is a decent budget Windows tablet. Price is around £160 so with the change you could add a cover and microsd.

Linx 10 review | TechRadar

If you want Android then I'd stick with a Samsung. Some of the older Tabs and Notes are good.

Otherwise you might only be able to get an ipad mini for the price.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
The new Linx 1010 can be had for £129 at Curry's at the moment (deal on HotUKDeals) and there is a free keyboard by redemption also. :)

Epicurus

Prominent Member
Hi all

The Mrs wants a tablet for Christmas this year. The main thing she will use it for is web browsing and watching Netflix etc. Due to this a larger screen is preferable.

Ive been looking at the Galaxy Tab A, but this mainly due to its price point.

Any suggestions?

I just bought the newer version of the Linx 10 (1010B) with keyboard from Amazon £130 (the one on Currys is the old one), comes with the keyboard/trackpad dock. Crucially it now comes with 2 full sized USB 3 ports which, on top of the micro SD storage and Windows 10, makes it a fully functional portable PC. It can even switch between tablet and desktop mode when you put it in and take it out of the dock.

PocketBunny

Prominent Member
I bought an galaxy tab S2 for her yesterday. Slightly over budget, but I felt it would be the best

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom