1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best system setup for playstation/dvd

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by dpc, Feb 22, 2004.

1. dpc

dpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 2 questions if anyone can help?
    I have a vw touran and want to put entertainment in the passenger area for my children e.g. playstation/dvd with either monitors in headrest or dropdown screen. Can anyone suggest a good setup?

Also a bit worried regarding security and would recommend some advice?

2. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    For something of this nature I would have a word with professionals who know their stuff.

One company I'm aware of (and there are others) that seems to have a good reputation for this sort of thing are Prestige Audio.

The other one I have had some dealings with are Birds UK.

It really depends how much you want to spend. When you say Playstation, do you mean a PS One or a PS2? You can have either but some installers have better options, for example one or two have the ability to remotely reset an installed PS2, others don't.

When it comes to security, do you mean general security or security of the extra electrical kit that you plan on having installed? Good installers can deliver excellent "stealthed" installs with a minimal amount of kit on show to tempt lowlifes.

If you're more concerned about general security for your vehicle then have a word with these guys as well, I'm sure they'll be able to come up with suitable suggestions. As a minimum, I'd reckon you'd want a Thatcham Category 1 system (don't know what's standard on your vehicle) .

Sorry that this is all a bit vague, but for something like this you need to discuss it with a professional. Call them and have a chat, you'll find them more than happy to discuss the various options with you and put prices on them as well.

Do let us know what you decide to go for in the end. :)