Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best system for 800-1000 pounds? HELP!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Pineapple, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Pineapple

Pineapple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know your probably get this question alot, but please bear with me.

I'm looking for a basic system for my room (smallish) and I need a CD player, amplifier and speakers!
    The music I listen to is mainly progressive rock/metal and some classical and I find that my current setup just can't handle all of the sources of audio and becomes muddy and horrible to listen to.

So anyway a crystal clear system that can handle all of the complex arrangements that I listen to without sounding distorted, is what I am after!

Oh and I live in Australia if that means anything. :blush:

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    How about the Rotel RA-01, RCD-02 and the B&W DM601s. Should set you back about £980.

3. Commited

Commited

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm - find a decent hifi store and demo products from Rotel, Arcam, Marantz, Cyrus & speakers from Mission, B&W, Kef, Monitor audio etc

Dont be afraid to mix and match CD players and amps - i.e if you have an arcam cd player, and arcam amp may not necessarily give the best sound :)