1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Surround Setup for £200

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sks, May 28, 2004.

1. sks

sks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the best surround setup I can get for around £200 to go with my panny AE500. I will spend more if spending more gets me something much better, but this is only for watching DVD's not music, so it doesn't have to be amazing, plus I find it difficult to tell the difference between speakers anyway.

2. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    You have a good projector so you really should do it justice with a reasonable surround setup.

You say you find it difficult to tell the difference, comparing something costing £200 to something costing £1000 is like comparing chalk and cheese. Thats where the real value for money is, you can spend a lot more but you get huge diminishing returns.

I suggest you go to a proper HIFI shop and listen to some expensive kit briefly, hopefully it should blow you away. There really is a difference!

3. sks

sks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure I could tell teh difference on a £1000 system, but that's more than I want to spend. I only watch drama films, I never really watch new blockbusters like Matrix, etc, so a big powerful surround system is not needed. I just thought I'd get something cheap just for the odd occassion when I do watch a 5.1 film, but £1000 is way too much for essentially listening to dialogue.