Best sub £40 headphones for iPod- best out of my shortlist?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by hash007, Aug 19, 2012.

1. hash007

hash007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for some good robust, great sounding headphones for an 5th gen iPod which i'm looking to get. I gather that headphones contribute most to sound quality more than the player itself so looking to invest in something good.

Here is a possible shortlist i've come up with. I like listening to a range of songs, I like bass but I don't want it to overpower the mids or highs...I like being able to hear every instrument in the recording. I listen to a range of music so I do like heavy bass occasionally.

Here is my shortlist, if you could advise on which to go for it would be great as all seemingly have awesome reviews!

1. MEElectronics M9 at £17

2. RHA MA-350 at £29.95

3. SoundMAGIC E10 at £34.95

4. MEElectronics A151 Balanced Armature at £39.99

2. juglandblues

juglandblues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I recently purchased the RHA MA-450i. Comet has them reduced to £39.99 at the moment. They seem really well made and the iPhone control works well with speech being clear, although its strange talking and not hearing your voice too well.

The sound quality is really good although quite bassy which a lot of people might actually like. I needed to change the EQ setting on my iPhone to dampen the bass a bit. The headphones come with a nice little veloured bag to store them in and also 7 different pairs of silicon tips so you can find the perfect fit.

My last pair of headphones was a pair of sennheiser mx300s but I lost them. Was thinking of buying another pair of them but seen the 450s on offer and read a couple of good reviews about them. Seems a good choice so far plus you get a 3 year warranty with them.