Best sub £300 4K player

y2afuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi just purchased a LG OLED tv and looking to buy a 4K blu ray player. What would you recommend in terms of picture and sound quality and general use? Budget is upto £300. Not worried how the built quality. Sorry I’m sure this question has been asked like a million times. Thanks.

Hi just purchased a LG OLED tv and looking to buy a 4K blu ray player. What would you recommend in terms of picture and sound quality and general use? Budget is upto £300. Not worried how the built quality. Sorry I’m sure this question has been asked like a million times. Thanks.
Panasonic UB820 or Sony X800M2. The Panasonic has an advantage if you have a TV capable of HDR10+ but as you don't that's immaterial. The Sony is better if you intend to play .mkv files from USB.

I wish you well on your quest but I have given up researching this lottery as I have had 2 duff Sony players go back and fear the same for my next choice. QC doesn’t seem to be important amy more, despite paying decent money. Looks like i will be stuck in limbo until something reliable is manufactured.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom