Best sub £2k plasma with stand?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Vipen, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    excuse for not using search but the results are overwhelming. probably means i shouldn't be asking but oh well, here goes.

the budget is £2k max. i need a 42" plasma, i have NTL and a NAD digital amp. it would be nice to not have to turn on the amp just to listen to the news or something so bear this in mind. NTL is a bit jerky sometimes too but haven't got it fixed due to unbearable wait on phone :mad:

also i like games alot if this has any relevance. xbox.

and also, i need a nice stand for it as i don't want to wallmount as i'm moving house eventually. i've seen some really nice stands recently but they look incorporated into the set.

so what's good for me. the new lg and samsung sets are interesting but how do they compare with the price dropped panny and pioneer or whatever.

i've scanned these forums for ages, the time is now coming to take action with my credit card.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you could just squeeze a black panny PW6 with stand and a scart board for that budget. Perhaps find a deal on a Hitachi 42PD5200. Generally comes with Desktop stand and speakers.LG/Samsung etc some decent units arounds but £2200 buys so much more!