Best sub £200 player for DVD-R playback?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dr_mabuse, Aug 17, 2002.

1. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Looking for a good all round multi region player that plays DVD-R burned media without major compatibility problems. Don't need onboard DD/DTS decoding, just RGB scart and digital coaxial out. Must also be RCE OK, and must play CD-R/RW. Oh, and must be available in silver to please significant other :D

Have narrowed it to these three:
    Sony DVP-NS305 (£169.00 from leconcepts)
    Pioneer DV-350 (£139.00 from leconcepts)
    Panasonic DVD RV-32 (£169.00 from leconcepts)

I am leaning towards the Pioneer at that price!

Could owners of any of these three please comment on performance with DVD-R media? Also, some detail of the software and media combination that yields successful results on these models would help.

Thanks in advance

dr_mabuse

2. bigfatlad

bigfatlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i cant comment on any of the particular models you state, but i think pioneer are safe bet for good dvd-r support. I have just been looking for a reliable dvd-r player. I bought the pioneer 545, as it played every disc i tested in it, regardless of writing software or quality of media used.

The pioneer 444 is very highly regarded at www.vcdhelp.com as a reliable -r player, you may find the 350 listed there (in the dvdplayer database). You could (as i did) take some dvd-r's to your local shop and test your player(s) there.

hope that helps a little.
    Regards