Best sub £150 headset for ps4?

sim12

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the title says got about £150 for a new headset for me ps4 , whats the best i can get at the moment for that price , thanks.

Sony's official surround headset is around half that and can compete with other more expensive headsets.

You could see if you can find anywhere that stocks the first generation of Astro A50s or maybe wait a bit and save up some more cash for the new ones.

I have the HyperX Cloud II and Sony wireless headset, both are great and well in your price range. If you don't mind a wired headset the HyperX are quality and incredibly comfortable.
As suggested above Astro's are very good too (A40/A50), not aware of the new ones though. Make sure you get a pair that includes the MixAmp!

not to ask a silly question but what does the mixamp do ?

It gives you the ability to adjust the balance between chat volume and game volume with a dial (doesn't sound like much but it's works really well). It also gives the virtual surround sound experience and improves the sound quality because it's powered by the USB port.
The MixAmp is pretty expensive on its own but good value when bundled with a headset

It gives you the ability to adjust the balance between chat volume and game volume with a dial (doesn't sound like much but it's works really well). It also gives the virtual surround sound experience and improves the sound quality because it's powered by the USB port.
The MixAmp is pretty expensive on its own but good value when bundled with a headset

thanks for the response.

As mentioned, it takes the game sound and processes it into surround sound for output to to your headphones. It's not true surround, but it does work very well. It also gives you the ability to balance the volumes of chat and game sounds.

The regular mixamp and the old wireless one that they used to do would allow you to use any headset. They also sold then as a bundle.

I have one of the old wireless mixamps and a sennheiser headset. The sound quality is great and I'd definitely go for another astro system if mine ever packed in (probably the A50s).

the sony (virtual) 7.1s are very good indeed.

+1 for the Sony PlayStation 'Gold' wireless headset.

Last edited:
Lucidsound LS30s seem to be getting good reviews. Multi format too. Only stereo but wireless - £99 from Argos.

Seen the due date for this is 16/12... looks to be the best solution bar going down the mix-amp route imo

Probably the best all round option for things like the profiles and PSN notification integration. Thing is I used my current Sony Wireless Set last night and they just don't sound (to my ears anyway) anywhere near as good as my Superlux £35 audio headphones plugged into the pad (apart from the Virtual Surround of course) - still stuck on what to do next really.

Last edited:
The official ps4 stereo headset has dropped its price to £49.90 on both Amazon (3 weeks wait time) and Tesco, that's sound like a promising start but I've not got one so can't share the experience.

Seen the due date for this is 16/12... looks to be the best solution bar going down the mix-amp route imo
I've been reading that these cans (Sony Platinum ps4 headphones) have been put back to sometime in Jan 17. I was hoping to get these for Xmas:(

I've been reading that these cans (Sony Platinum ps4 headphones) have been put back to sometime in Jan 17. I was hoping to get these for Xmas:(
The current 'Gold' ones are great (especially at the price).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom