Best sub £100 GFX card?

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Hi all

As per thread title. Not looking for a high end card as I'm only going to be running Optishot (golf sim thing), so am looking for the best bang-for-buck card £100 or cheaper please. I have always erred towards Radeons in the past so would probably feel more at ease with another Radeon. Unless, of course, there is a better option out there. Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Hi Chox. Thanks for that, thing is that card comes in at £120. I've set myself a limit of £100 max. Any other contenders?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
2nd market is the best place for £100 or less card. A 5870 or maybe a 560ti would be a decent performer.

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Managed to bag a 6850 off these very forums. Just need to show some patience for a day or two now :cool:.

Thanks all :)

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Enjoy! How much did you get it for? The classifieds are bloody addictive! I try and limit myself to checking whats going on every hour. I have serious issues!

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
I should give them a wide berth too. My bank account gets sorrier by the hour. Managed to bag the card for £70 delivered. The guy has a good itrader rating so I am a happy bunny :thumbsup:

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
I'm looking at this one: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6950 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card

Slightly higher spec and price but I gam,e a bit more than just golf sims :) Anyone got any thoughts on this? I've also read a bit about overclocking but am unsure if that could kill the card?
At that budget get one of these instead-

EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (01G-P3-1563-KR) [01G-P3-1563-KR]

Done properly overclocking wont kill the card and will give you performance gains, but it has to be done properly.

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Cheers :) Let me know what you think when it comes through
Hi. Card arrived this morning and what can I say? I'm over the moon at the price/performance. Just ran Microsoft Flight on high and it ran smooth as silk. Not that I intend to play it you understand. Not my idea of a flight sim, but it just happened to be the first fairly intensive game I could fire up. One happy Bunny :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Trending threads

Top Bottom