Question Best streamer for photos

mattwb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a streamer to display photos from a network hard drive.

I want it to be able to view them full screen and flick from photo to photo easily.

I organise weddings abroad and they are to show clients photos of the wedding venues and weddings of past couples.

Thanks in advance

Matt

You don't need a streaming device, you could take a laptop (if you have one) and just use the Windows slideshow feature. If you don't have (or want to use) a laptop, how about a tablet?

Better still, if it's a business, get yourself a website and store the photos there.

Thanks for your advice Roohster.
I have a TV in the room already and want the pictures to be displayed on the TV rather than on a laptop or tablet...
I also want to be able to access the photos if the internet is down or slow, so want to keep them on the local network.
Are the media streamers able to display full screen images (as a slideshow or navigated) natively, in which case does it matter which I pick...

should I just get an amazon fire stick?

Thanks for your advice Roohster.
I have a TV in the room already and want the pictures to be displayed on the TV rather than on a laptop or tablet...

I meant hook the laptop up to the TV ;) definitely the simplest solution.

Thanks Roohster, I definitely don't want to run it through the laptop though.
Will all streaming boxes so what I want? is there much difference in their interfaces? I'm thinking of just buying a fire stick and seeing how it works...

Just done a little research and it looks like Fire TV (and stick) will only show photos from Amazon cloud drive and not from a network drive. Does anyone know if there is a hack for this?

cheers
Matt

I believe that the WDTV Live will do slideshows, might be worth looking into it then keeping an eye out for a used on on these forums, they come up for sale pretty often and are really easy to use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom