Best storage/shelving for blus?

I have two of these

Rio DVD/CD Storage Shelf Unit | Very.co.uk

Best quality units i've ever bought for storing blu's and with the two sliding shelves at the front the kids films are at the front with mine at the back :)

Here's my dvd/blu ray rack
P1020660.jpg

I've always gone with the trusty Ikea Billy bookcases, Very strong and ideal for Blus\DVD's, Easily fit 400 blus on one case, Perfect.

I use these: Shelving & Furniture System for the Home and Office
I have about 100 metres in 6 bays. I get 9 rows floor to ceiling with standard DVD spacing. I could probably squeeze in more rows with blu-ray spacing, but my blus are integrated with my DVDs, and only account for a small fraction of my collection.

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get some inserts for shelves so that my BDs can stand separated from each other?

Here are the shelves I use. £17.99 each from Argos. 9 in total.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Attachments

• image-3639761141.jpg
    image-3639761141.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 535
  • image-3735663622.jpg
    image-3735663622.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 481
  • image-3548894449.jpg
    image-3548894449.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 545
I have two of these

*Rio DVD/CD Storage Shelf Unit | Very.co.uk

Best quality units i've ever bought for storing blu's and with the two sliding shelves at the front the kids films are at the front with mine at the back :)

I see woolworths also sell them online and don't need you to setup a credit account so ordered one from them.

Rio DVD/CD Storage Shelf Unit | Woolworths.co.uk

Littlewoods sell them but a higher price and they all seem to have the same style websites so I guess they are all the same company...

HummerUK

I've given up on shelving and switched to discgear selector boxes for my DVDs and Blus...much more compact to store but I do hold my hand up to grossly underestimating the amount of boxes I'd need...I counted all the DVD cases on a shelf then multiplied by the number of shelves, forgetting that many cases were multiple disc sets, and also that the digipack cases held a lot more than a standard amaray per cm of shelf. To cut a long story short, I started off with 5 100-disc discgears and am now onto 12...and then there's the cataloguing of them still to do!

I've given up on shelving and switched to discgear selector boxes for my DVDs and Blus...much more compact to store but I do hold my hand up to grossly underestimating the amount of boxes I'd need...I counted all the DVD cases on a shelf then multiplied by the number of shelves, forgetting that many cases were multiple disc sets, and also that the digipack cases held a lot more than a standard amaray per cm of shelf. To cut a long story short, I started off with 5 100-disc discgears and am now onto 12...and then there's the cataloguing of them still to do!

I do something similar, but I use long CD boxes from Muji and I put my discs in paper sleeves. It's cheap and I got 1000+ titles into six boxes which barely take up any space. I file everything on Delicious Library 2 on my Mac, which is like a virtual shelf. I live in a one bedroom flat and I'm not keen on walls covered in shelving.

I also have 3 x NEO 1000 CD cases under the bed.
Each one only holds about 970 as DVD's are a little thicker and DVDProfiler tells me which box and sleeve the title is in.

HummerUK

I've always gone with the trusty Ikea Billy bookcases, Very strong and ideal for Blus\DVD's, Easily fit 400 blus on one case, Perfect.

Which size Billy bookcase do you have & is that with extra shelves?

I see woolworths also sell them online and don't need you to setup a credit account so ordered one from them.

Rio DVD/CD Storage Shelf Unit | Woolworths.co.uk

Littlewoods sell them but a higher price and they all seem to have the same style websites so I guess they are all the same company...

HummerUK

Has anyone found the Rio Unit available elsewhere or is exclusive to the Shop Direct brands? Or if possible the name of the company that actually makes the unit or anything more specific other than Rio. Interested in the 180cm in Oak but haven't seen it come back in stock for a while. Also could someone confirm the capacity of the unit, by my estimates the small 98cm would take ~ 300 blu-rays and the large 180cm ~ 470 blu-rays.

The 13 page assembly instruction manual only mentions "The Shop Direct Group"

2011-06-05124049.jpg

Complex assembly but all the boards / shevles are numbered to avoid confusion.

HummerUK

The 13 page assembly instruction manual only mentions "The Shop Direct Group"

Complex assembly but all the boards / shevles are numbered to avoid confusion.

HummerUK

Thanks, looks to hold about the volume I was expecting. Will just have to continue to keep an eye on it and hope they get more stock, might send an email to check they ain't discontinued it.

Got my collection in a cupboard at the moment and it's getting a bit full even with doubling up since it's quite deep, which means about half of them is hidden.

Thanks, looks to hold about the volume I was expecting. Will just have to continue to keep an eye on it and hope they get more stock, might send an email to check they ain't discontinued it.

Got my collection in a cupboard at the moment and it's getting a bit full even with doubling up since it's quite deep, which means about half of them is hidden.

Looks to be discontinued now the Rio, got a reply from Shop Direct this morning via email saying that they aren't expecting any additional stock. Shame as it would fit perfectly in the space I have available the large version and all the other furniture is light oak or beech so a dark walnut would look out of place. Will have to see if I can fit the small unit in with some rearranging it might squeeze in.

Me too.

Attachments

• IMG_0189[1].jpg
    IMG_0189[1].jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 773
IKEA Benno does it for me...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom