Best stereo Integrated amp with more than 2 channel output?

supersonic 395

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm doing lots of research on separate stereo integrated amplifiers that also have HT bypass to use with my AV receiver and Bluetooth support.

Are there any great quality stereo integrated amplifiers that have more than 2 channels of output please? The reason is that I'd like to use the stereo amplifier for music (L&R) and then also use it to power the front 3 channels for movies (L, R & C). It would be used to power 4 Ohm speakers so ideally something with lots of power for better headroom (Monitor Audio Gold series 5th gen)

I'm currently favouring the Roksan K3 for stereo duties as it has Bluetooth support but something like this with additional channels to output would be great

Have you checked this website out for a comprehensive list of almost all stereo amps with HT bypass included.

What AVR are you looking to use with them?

Any of the integrated in the list will above will do the job you're after. You don't need anymore than 2 channels as an amp with dedicated HT Bypass will share the front speakers across the 2 systems.

When using 2 channel simply power up just the integrated amp. When using the front speakers as part of a 5.1 system, both the integrated amp and AVR will be switched on.

The method of connecting the AVR to the integrated amp is usually via a simple pair of shielded RCA's interconnects - Run the RCA's from the front Pre-outs of your Denon (4700?) to the HT bypass input on the integrated amp. This can be called things like: "orocessor", "AV input", "Power in" etc. To switch between modes (on the integrated) vary from amp to amp.

Feel free to pm me if you need any further help. I run an HT Bypass integrated amp setup with my Denon 4500 and Audiolab 600A combo. So the setup will be similar to yours!

👍🏼😊

Off Topic: My Silver 300's are being nicely run in btw!

Last edited:
Have you checked this website out for a comprehensive list of almost all stereo amps with HT bypass included.

What AVR are you looking to use with them?

I've seen this before but it doesn't delineate between those that have more output channels. Using a Denon 4700h but would prefer to use this for side surrounds, back surrounds and Atmos duties

Yeah, that's right, but thankfully you can remove a few quite quickly because most of the older units won't have Bluetooth functionality, after that. its all about the budget which should help you narrow down what is available to you plus now you have included the AVR, this should also give you some more clues

Even though the Monitor Audio's require a little power than the budget models to get the best out of them, I'd say any integrated amp worth about £1K-£2K should be plenty enough again narrowing down what's available to you

If you give us a clue on the budget, then a more comprehensive list should be able to be comprised for you meaning that you only have just a few units left at your disposal :)

Last edited:
Probably in the £1500 range but willing to stretch closer to £2K if worth it (& no need for upgrades for a long time)

If top end budget is around £2k, then I think you should be looking at something like the Lygndorf TDAi-1120, it mighten look much, but it has enough power to get the most out of your main fronts plus with RP, it will bring the very best out of them in ways you might not think possible. As it's a Lyngdorf, you'll be happy to know its streaming ability is second to none meaning its one of the most future proof products around

Probably in the £1500 range but willing to stretch closer to £2K if worth it (& no need for upgrades for a long time)
For a smidge under 2K, I'd go with the Lyngdorf 1120 - all the way on that budget. The Kyndorf come with Room Perfect (RP) correction. Basically RP is the stereo equivalent to what Audessey is on Multichannel AVR's. Also enable you to properly integrate subwoofer(s) to use for both stereo and HT use.

Will drive the MA Golds easily too and will be the only stereo amp you'll need for ages imo

Edit: See me and @ShanePJ are "on the same page!" 😊

It's a great little gem @supersonic 395, @Jester1066. It only a tiny thing, but thanks to how it works, it has everything you could want from an integrated stereo amp. As I say, it's a little gem, you only need to look at its thread to see how well received it is from true audio enthusiasts

It's a great little gem @supersonic 395, @Jester1066. It only a tiny thing, but thanks to how it works, it has everything you could want from an integrated stereo amp. As I say, it's a little gem, you only need to look at its thread to see how well received it is from true audio enthusiasts

Whilst I look at the Lyndorf, are there any equivalents with 3 channels of output please?

Whilst I look at the Lyndorf, are there any equivalents with 3 channels of output please?
Any stereo integrated amp will only have 2 channels. You front L&R speakers would connect to the integrated and your centre, surround and any atmos speakers remain plugged into the 4700H.

Not that I'm aware of, most are either two or multi channel for decoding. You won't have any problems in trying to find power amps of mono, stereo, tri or multi, but processors are very think on the ground, cannot ever recall physically seeing or hearing of one

Not that I'm aware of, most are either two or multi channel for decoding. You won't have any problems in trying to find power amps of mono, stereo, tri or multi, but processors are very think on the ground, cannot ever recall physically seeing or hearing of one

Okay cool. In that case how does the Lyndorff compare to the Roksan K3 please? Is the ~£500-600 more worth it for the Lyndorff

I'd say they're different for sure, the Lyngdorf will bring something that you'll struggle to find on any other amp at a comparable price point and that's a level of accuracy thanks to RP. I'll be honest and say that not everybody enjoys it, but if you want to hear your speakers, then there is no better way and those who don't like them are really saying they enjoy the imperfections in the room by the combination (which is where music becomes a subjective thing and no one person is right or wrong with their choice of what is right for them)

That might also seem like a strange thing to say (hear your own speakers), but thanks RP, it takes measurement of your speakers whilst also taking measurements of your room to iron out those peaks and lows and other unwanted effects

The Roksan is also in my opinion a good product, but you cannot really compare the two products as the Lyngdorf is tomorrows stereo today and they're awaiting on everyone else catching up :)

Last edited:
Its another reason why its had 266k views compared to 7k on the Roksan on these forums which should tell you the real story :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom