best speakers for onkyo 705/805

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tommyb1, Jan 13, 2008.

1. tommyb1

tommyb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    best speakers for onkyo 705/805

Hi guys,
    Ok, im about to delve into the world of home cinema seperates.
    I'm pretty much decided on either the Onkyo 705 or 805 - a lot will depend on what kind of money I spend on the speakers and what deal I can get.
    After What Hi-Fi had the KEF 3005se's win it's comparison with the Tannoy Arena Lites I am swayed towards the Kefs and A-1 sound have a pretty good package deal on the onkyo plus the KEFS. However - after looking around a few forums another speaker package has been thrown into the mix - the Monitor Audio BR5AV's. I know the styling is different if I'm honest, it's performance over style every time for me, and the monitors look pretty good anyway!
    Any advice or opinions would be greatly received. I don't want to rush into a decision as they're an investment that I inted to last for years to come. I'm looking to spend around £1,500 - £1,800 max.
    Cheers

2. BOOMERANGBUBB

BOOMERANGBUBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi ya mate,

Welcome to the world of Home Cinema :thumbsup:

I'm running M&K K-series K15s front and K4 Rears with KX12 sub with my Onkyo 705. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with M&K Speakers especially if the set-up is for Home Cinema.

There are other ranges of M&K speakers, If you run a search on here or google etc there's plenty to choose from. (they will match your price range aswell)

Take it easy & good luck with your set-up etc :smashin:

Cheers
    Keir

3. tommyb1

tommyb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hiya mate,

Those speakers look and sound as thought they would be quality. However, my budget includes the price of the AV amp unfortunately :(

So, I'm still stuck between the Kef's and the BR5av set up. Although, I suppose, if I get the 705/805 I should really be looking at a 7.1 set of speakers right?!

Krikey - I feel like I'm going round in circles, but it would seem as though the BR5av's have it over the Kef's!?

Any more help (from anyone) would be great and much much appreciated!

4. Face

Face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi tommyb1,

I've got the SVS 5.1 speakers including the SB12 subwoofer and these go fantastically well with the 705. I've had them for about 3 months now and am very please with the amp and speakers.
    The 805 is a fair size bigger than the 705 and I didn't think the extra features/power it offered would make enough difference for me.

You don't necessarily need a 7.1 setup either, it really depends on the size of your room as to whether you'll benefit (and there is not a huge amount of films that will take advantage).

Cheers.