Best Speakers for an ageing system.

cooky560

Standard Member
Hello, due to financial and convenience reasons I am stuck using an old
Hitachi Opus 2 system and require some decent sounding speakers for it.
Specs:

Output: 50w + 50w
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%
Sensitivity: 40µv(S/N 26dB)
Speakers: Load Impedance 8 - 16 Ohms

Budget:
£0 - £300

Requirements:
Deep but clear sound for normal listening, but also capable of reasonable quality volume output for house parties.

Do you guys have any good ideas?

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member

cooky560

Standard Member
Those do look nice, that unit looks pretty dismal in the specs section I know but I plan to replace it at some point. Thanks for the quick reply :) Keep 'em coming!
My current amplification unit doesn't have the outputs for bi-wiring? will single wiring actually make a difference to the quality?

Last edited:

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
They're great speakers and that is indeed a great price... 50 watts isn't exactly a poor amount, if you cranked it up too loud, they'd distort i'm sure... but you could easily tell when that was and turn it down a little.

You could consider picking up a cheap hifi amp from the classifieds here.... if you're that bothered about the poor aged thing!

cooky560

Standard Member
Lol well it still works and through headphones at least sounds good. I did used to have a pair of Mordant Short 902is connect to it but they belonged to a friend and didn't provide the deepness in the size room I have.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom