Best speaker setup for this room?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by -DT-, Mar 25, 2005.

1. -DT-

-DT-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

We have a room we are turning into a home cinema/ gaming room. It is about 12' by 12'6". We already have a 42" rear proj TV in there, but lack any kind of speaker setup. We are going to use it mainly for film watching and console game playing. What is the best spearker setup for us?

We don't really have a budget, but want something that isn't going to break the bank and performs well- something in a similar price range to the Canton CD1s which seem very highly regarded and good value for money. What other speaker setups can you reccommend? :lease:

Thanks

2. -DT-

-DT-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone, please?! :thumbsup:

3. CYMRX7R1

CYMRX7R1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello so many to choose from..small room small budget..most everyone feels your pain! M&K HAS A SMALL SPEAKER CALLED THE MP5 ,IT HAS A 3 INCH FULL RANGE DRIVER IN IT,VERY FEW M&KA SPEAKERS DO. THEY ALSO HAVE A MAP6 WHICH HAS A 4 INCH DRIVER AND A 3/4 INCH TWEETER IN IT .THE MAP6 WILL HANDLE UP TO 200 WATTS @6 OHM THE MP5 120 WATTS @4 OHM THEY ARE NOT AS HARD ON A AMP AS YOU MIGHT THINK.YOU CAN CHECK THESE OUT ON M&K WEBSITE WWW.MKSOUND.COM LOOK UNDER DISCONTINUED AND REFURBISHED PRODUCTS,CLICK ON AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO A PAGE CLICK ON "SHOW LONG LIST "YOU WILL FIND THE MP5 AND MP6 THERE.I BOUGHT A BUNCH OF THESE TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM BOSE SYSTEMS.M&K HAS A GREAT WARRANTY AND STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS :clap: THEY DONT SHIP OVER THE POND FROM WHAT I'VE HERD,BUT WHAT DO I KNOW!!I DO KNOW THESE SPEAKERS ARE AMAZING NO ONE CAN TOUCH THEM FOR THE PRICE!!NO ONE OR NO SPEAKER!THEY ONLY MADE THESE FOR A SMALL TIME AND I DONT THINK THEY WILL MAKE ANYMORE,YOU CAN READ THIS ON THEIR SITE.IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK FOR BARRY OBER HE IS FULL OF KNOWLEDGE :lesson: IN ALL AUDIO VIDEO EQUIPMENT AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIS INPUT!! I STILL HAVE SOME MP5 @ 150 A PAIR AND THE MP6 @200 A A PAIR ,THIS IS US DOLLARS,RESEARCH THEM AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT SOME,ILL SPLIT THEM UP FOR 5.1 6.1 OR 7.1 THE ONLY OTHER I WOULD CONSIDER IS THE KEF EGGS OR THE ENERGY TAKE5 YES THE CANTON ARE GREAT SPEAKERS I JUST HAVEN'T HEARD THEM IN THE US LATELY .HAPPY HUNTING BTW IM NOT YELLING IN CAPS IM HANDICAPPED AND IM LUCKY TO BE TYPING WITH 1 FINGER! HOPE I HAVENT BROKEN ANY RULES BY GIVING PRICES ON THIS FORUM IM JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT..EMAIL ME AND I CAN HELP YOU OUT :hiya:

4. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,915
    :cool: Ouch, CAPS LOCK DUDE!

5. CYMRX7R1

CYMRX7R1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DID I MENTION I WAS HANDICAPPED? :eek: I REALLY TYPE WITH A TEFLON PEN THAT I HOLD IN MY MOUTH BUT I DID NOT WANT TO GO INTO DETAILS..I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE BY USING CAPS AND IM SORRY THAT IT OUCHED YOU..TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH IM LUCKY TO BE TYPING AT ALL,I CAN NOT AFFORD SOME HIGH DOLLAR PROGRAM TO DO THIS FOR ME.AGAIN IM SORRY NOW AND IN THE FUTURE FOR USING CAPS PLEASE OVER LOOK MY HANDICAP :lease: ..SO WITH THAT OFF MY CHEST ..ROOSTER YOU OUGHT TO SEE ME TRY TO CATCH A MINNOW IN A MINNOW BUCKET,MOW THE LAWN AND JUST PLAIN LOOK COOL :cool: HOPE THIS GIVES YOU A LAUGH.. :D

6. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

You should have a listen to Cabasse. The XO2's are thesame size as the Kef eggs but better. then they have the Gallia which are flat square speakers, these are a little more expensive but do sound better with music mostly. Then they have the Xi's and the Ki's and these are lovely. Have a look at homecinema :thumbsup:

We have these in 2 of our demo rooms and M&K in another.

Give me a call.

Regards

7. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,915
    :oops:
    I'd just like to add how embarrased I am now about my 'caps lock' remark.
    I PM'd my humble apologies and do the same again on here.

Welcome to the forums.:)

8. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,126
    DT

I'd have a look at the Yamaha YSP-1 Digital Sound Projector + an active sub - great sound, easy to set-up and configure and saves on a lot of 'wiring' cost/time.

Best regards

Joe

CYMRX7R1 - YOU SHOULD SEE roohster2 TYPING WITH HIS FOOT IN HIS MOUTH :)

9. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    The Mordaunt Short fronts 904 and 906 are quite slim (165mm) and sound great.

10. -DT-

-DT-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    THanks but the YSP1 appears to be priced too highly :( Ordered some CD1s and a Denon 1705 AVR :D