1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best speaker position for rear centre channels?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by steve 111, Nov 23, 2004.

1. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Following advice on here I have decided to upgrade to 7.1 by adding (still undecided) a pair of MA Bronze B1s or MA Bronze B2s to match my current Bronze B4 centre and fronts, and Bronze BFXs for surround left and right.

My BFXs are mounted on the side wall level with my listening position, which is about 4 feet in front of the back wall.

What will be the best position for my centre rears in this set-up? I want to wall mount as stands behind the listening position will be impractical.

2. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone?

3. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    forget the B1's for wallmounting as they are rear ported - it'll have to be the B2's of another set of BFX's!!!

if you do chose to use the BFXs make sure you set the two at the side as dipoles (cross the wires at the back!) and the ones at the rear as bipoles (don't cross the wires at the back!).

also: you said that the BFXs are at ear level - i believe they're meant to be a couple of feet higher than that to avoid being too 'noticable' !

4. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sniper,

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realise the B1s were rear ported so thanks for that. When I said level with my listening position for my BFXs I meant along the wall rather than up it, I would say they are 2 feet above ear level.

Interesting to hear your views on BFXs I was advised to get monopoles for the rear centre channel as bi-poles could create a rather 'muddy' rear sound field, even with the sides set in di-pole mode.

Thanks,

Steve