Best Speaker Package?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JonnyP24, Feb 10, 2009.

1. JonnyP24

JonnyP24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I'm looking for a 5.1 home cinema speaker package to partner an Onkyo 606.

I have found three options which suit :

Wharfedale Diamond 9 hcp
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/4281

Q Acoustics 1010i
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3676

Monitor Audio Bronze BR2
    http://www.hifigear.co.uk/site/scripts/product_browse.php?product_id=3064

The Monitor Audio's are awesome looking speakers and i hear they sound amazing but the are at the very top of my budget. I hear the Q Acoustics are also very impressive but they are not aesthetically pleasing as the MA's or Wharfedale's. And we arrive at the Wharf's! Cheap, attractive, but are they too cheap to bring the rain?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm finding myself going round in circles!

Regards
    Jonny

2. bohane

bohane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    all of the packages you have mentioned are good packages and any one of them will do you proud, they are all highly rated and many members on here will tell you that you cant go wrong with either of them, and they would be right. however....i must draw your attention to the reiculously cheaply priced acoustic energy aegis neo 5.1 package from acousticenergysales on ebay (AE's ebay shop) for £532 delivered. this will bring the rain, i have the neo 3's and the sub and they certainly pack a punch and i think they look pretty good aswell. the neo package got 4 and 5 star reviews, but were reviewed on the ranges launch at a price that was nearly double what they can be had for now.

definately worth a look/listen imo, but as i said before i dont think you will go wrong either way....;)

andy

3. Slimbert

Slimbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I agree with all of that!! You won't go far wrong with any of those packages but the Acoustic Energy package is an incredible deal and they sound fantastic, so that one gets my vote too!!:thumbsup:

4. Ufotone

Ufotone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Sorry to thread-jack :D

I have the Onkyo 605 and have been looking around too.....

The deal mentioned above for £532 I cant seem to find, however there is a 5.1 set for £715 delivered whicj looks wicked, and by all accounts sounds wicked too :D

Tony :)

5. bohane

bohane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    quite right, its not on there at the moment but im sure its just because the auctions/listings have expired and they will no doubt put them back on tomorrow ;) i take it that the package you mentioned for £700+ is the aelite on wall package?? if so then yes it does sound very good. i had 5 aelite on walls and the acoustic energy linear series sub before i changed back to floorstanders.

andy