Best Soundbar for Large Room

doloads

Standard Member
I’m looking for some recommendations please. I’m looking for a sound solution for a large room with a high ceiling. Firstly, this is not my primary AV setup. I have an excellent Dolby Atmos setup in a dedicated room which is perfect for movies, so I’m not looking for similar here.

The room in question is a sitting room where we occasionally watch TV. I have a JBL 2.1 in this room, but it’s just not cutting it. We sit about 15 feet from it, and I can’t make out dialogue half the time, and end up watching with subtitles on.

What I’m hoping for is a good soundbar, with our without subwoofer, that has a proven track record for good sound in big open rooms.

Does such a thing exist, or am I looking for a unicorn?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 591192A9-8CF3-4938-AAE9-4F213F6DA7E2.jpeg
    591192A9-8CF3-4938-AAE9-4F213F6DA7E2.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 55

doloads

Standard Member
Just under the tv, replacing the one in the picture. Not overly concerned with looks, sound quality will be the deciding factor.

Eyesnears

I can't tell whether the depth or width are adequate for a soundbar designed to fil if a large room.

For your room layout I would buy a Sony HT-A9.

doloads

Standard Member
Where in the room will the soundbar sit? If on the chimney breast then a white Sonos Arc would blend in well.
Thanks for the advice. I read the reviews and it looks the part, especially the ability to tweak dialogue from the app. I just picked up a white one. I’ll set it up tonight and report back!

HuntHV

I may be selling my boesound stage if I like the Samsung I just bought. Immaculate condition in anthracite with additional black cover. 2 year manufacturers warranty left.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom