Best sound set up

jon43

Standard Member
Looking maybe to get a sound bar or surround system
Currently have a Samsung QE55Q60TAUXXU TV a Denon AVR-X2200W which has my LG Blu Ray BP735 connected (HDMI), a Sony CD/MD player MXD-D3 (Red/White Audio), Internet Radio (Majority Robinson) (Optical) ION Record deck TTUSB05XL (Red/white Audio).
My speakers are some second hand Hitachi NX-E130.
I know these are not the correct or best speakers but thinking of getting rid of the Denon as its bulky and so many cables in my unit and a pain getting out and probably not correctly connected.
Now looking at either a sound bar is Dolby Atmos the way to go or rear speakers or both
Lots of cheap sound bars around on Amazon/eBay and there is a JVC TH-D679B with Dolby Atmos under £100
Samsung has a rear speaker system SAMSUNG SWA-9000S £200 but needs to connect to more expensive soundbars.
Then there is the Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround speaker system £220. (the cables could be easily extended)
In future my plan is to get rid of my record deck and CD player and possibly the Blu ray player as watch Netflix (I guess Blu rays would still be better for sound than watching directly from TV)
Any suggestions the best way to go on a budget
Thanking you

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
suggestions the best way to go on a budget’ - least cost option is stick with what you have and tidy up the cabling.

Next update is ensuring the speakers are correctly positioned - I don’t know the speakers you mention, do you have a link to any info on them?

Soundbars are an option though positioning, room and room layout are key to decent sound and will guide you in terms of Stereo, Surround Sound or Immersive being an option.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Worth having a look in the Classifieds here on AVF - if you are very tight for space then a pair of small speakers underpinned by a Sub may be the better option.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom