1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best sound quality of 3 all in ones...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by JimBob1971, Jan 12, 2004.

1. JimBob1971

JimBob1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    Panasonic scdt310e
    Panasonic scht900
    Pioneer nsdv99

I was considering buying a micro-system for my room to listen to music( the Denon M31), but noticed that Richer sounds were doing cheap home cinema kits. 310e for £299 nsdv99 for £369. Basically I was wondering which of the above have the best sound, both for home cinema, and just for listening to music.

Thanks!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    SCHT-900 does avery good job of playing CD's at least as good as the £200 Stereo units from Sony and Panasonic add the fact that it is a 5 discer and plays DVD's etc and its a bargain!
    Havent heard the other 2 so cant comment best bet ids take a CD to Dixons or comet and listen to all 3.

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    The Pioneer will be best for music as long as you only play DVD Audio and SACD discs. I've no idea how they compare for audio cd playback. I think your just going to have to allocate the time and audition them.

I suspect the Panasonic 310 would be best because its been optimised to playback 2 channel music well hence the two large main speakers. Thats how Panasonic promote it, as a decent hifi and home cinema system combined. Whether this makes it better than the other Panasonic or Pioneer model I don't know.