Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best sound quality of 3 all in ones...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by JimBob1971, Jan 12, 2004.

1. JimBob1971

JimBob1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +738
    Panasonic scdt310e
    Panasonic scht900
    Pioneer nsdv99

I was considering buying a micro-system for my room to listen to music( the Denon M31), but noticed that Richer sounds were doing cheap home cinema kits. 310e for £299 nsdv99 for £369. Basically I was wondering which of the above have the best sound, both for home cinema, and just for listening to music.

Thanks!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    SCHT-900 does avery good job of playing CD's at least as good as the £200 Stereo units from Sony and Panasonic add the fact that it is a 5 discer and plays DVD's etc and its a bargain!
    Havent heard the other 2 so cant comment best bet ids take a CD to Dixons or comet and listen to all 3.

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    The Pioneer will be best for music as long as you only play DVD Audio and SACD discs. I've no idea how they compare for audio cd playback. I think your just going to have to allocate the time and audition them.

I suspect the Panasonic 310 would be best because its been optimised to playback 2 channel music well hence the two large main speakers. Thats how Panasonic promote it, as a decent hifi and home cinema system combined. Whether this makes it better than the other Panasonic or Pioneer model I don't know.