1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Sony Min DV Camcorder?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by broomey, Oct 24, 2002.

1. broomey

broomey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can i have some suggestion on which is the best Sony Mini DV Camcorder for below and around £800

thanks

james b

2. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does it have to be Sony? JVC, Panasonic, Canon and others all do Mini DV camcorders too. You may you're restricting yourself un-necessarily.

3. broomey

broomey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok then it doesent have to be a sony

i just have a thing for sony products thats all

like having a thing for red heads i guess :p

whats the best mini dv camera available in the UK for under £800 then? though i would like to know which sony one is the best for that price too

thanks

james b

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've mentioned in a different thread that I have a Sony IP5 and bought my Mum a Pana GS1.

Pana cost me £425 - Sony nearly three times that - it ain't three times better....... the Sony is however a beautiful toy and I wouldn't swap it:D

A neighbour's father wanted a new Camcorder, he'd read all the mags and couldn;t make his mind up then ended up taking my advice of buying the GS1 too (he doesn't want too much gadgetry but did want small size) and he loves it.

You could get the top of the GS range and still have change after buying spare battery and some tapes!

One other point is that if you buy from www.letsgodigital.co.uk , as well as getting a cheap price you can play with it for 30 days and send it back for a full refund if you don't like it - applies to all their cameras...

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi m8
    i guess in my opinion anyway that the pc101 would be the best and most sensible option on your budget of £800.
    Check out letsgodigital and speak to a guy called richard he is very helpful and will answer all your questions.