Best software to burn audio CD (from FLAC)

kifi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what is the best software (and best value for money) to use in order to burn FLACS to a audio CD to get best hifi quality?

EAC will burn the flac files to disc as long as you have the cue files that should be with them.

EAC is free.

Exact Audio Copy

Writing CD's is done from the "Tools" Menu , Select file to open the Cue sheet which should be in the same folder as the CD tracks , once the cue sheet is loaded you should be good to go.

For best results you should de-compress to wav before burning.

Use known quality CD-R discs , not some no-name asian brand cake pack.

I recommend Verbatim.

EAC will burn a bit for bit identical copy to the original CD.

EAC will burn the flac files to disc as long as you have the cue files that should be with them.

EAC is free.

Exact Audio Copy

Writing CD's is done from the "Tools" Menu , Select file to open the Cue sheet which should be in the same folder as the CD tracks , once the cue sheet is loaded you should be good to go.

For best results you should de-compress to wav before burning.

Use known quality CD-R discs , not some no-name asian brand cake pack.

I recommend Verbatim.

EAC will burn a bit for bit identical copy to the original CD.

Thanks Andy, what software should I get to decompress FLAC to WAV?

Cheers

EAC will do that too , same "Tools" Menu , "Decompress" is second from the bottom.

You can also use Flac tools itself , which is also free software ,

FLAC - download

Sorry Andy, me again, you wouldn't be able to give me a very brief outline of how to use FLAC frontend in order to input FLAC and output WAV (best quality possible)?

Thank you

Sorry Andy, me again, you wouldn't be able to give me a very brief outline of how to use FLAC frontend in order to input FLAC and output WAV (best quality possible)?

Flac frontend is quite basic and very easy to use , remember flac is lossless so no quality issues to worry about here ,

Run the program as administrator ( right click on it , then select "run as administrator" )

On the right , click "add files" ... they will all appear in the files box.
Make sure all files are highlighted , then click "decode" ... as long as all the files are in the same directory , and the "output directory" at the bottom says "<<same as input directory>>" it will put all the wav files in the same directory as the flac files.
If you like , you can put the wav files in a different folder , thats up to you.

Now open your cue sheet and check that the file names in the cue sheet match the filenames of the wav files , including the extension , sometimes cue sheets are generated with .flac extensions instead of .wav .... for burning to CD they should be .wav , if you need to edit the cue sheet , just change the filenames to match the wav filenames and it should load in EAC , if it wont load into EAC because of an error , it will tell you on what line the error is.

Once you have burnt the CD , you can delete the wav files , the flac files are left as is.

Screenshot of flac frontend here

Attachments

• flac frontend.JPG
    flac frontend.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,663
Last edited:
having trouble going from FLAC to WAV using the FLAC frontend. get a "error 75, output path not found". (tried running as administrator, no luck)

"error 75, output path not found"

That is the error you get when the program is not run in administrator mode !

Flac frontend is quite basic and very easy to use , remember flac is lossless so no quality issues to worry about here ,

Run the program as administrator ( right click on it , then select "run as administrator" )

On the right , click "add files" ... they will all appear in the files box.
Make sure all files are highlighted , then click "decode" ... as long as all the files are in the same directory , and the "output directory" at the bottom says "<<same as input directory>>" it will put all the wav files in the same directory as the flac files.
If you like , you can put the wav files in a different folder , thats up to you.

Now open your cue sheet and check that the file names in the cue sheet match the filenames of the wav files , including the extension , sometimes cue sheets are generated with .flac extensions instead of .wav .... for burning to CD they should be .wav , if you need to edit the cue sheet , just change the filenames to match the wav filenames and it should load in EAC , if it wont load into EAC because of an error , it will tell you on what line the error is.

Once you have burnt the CD , you can delete the wav files , the flac files are left as is.

Screenshot of flac frontend here

Thanks you so much, job done!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom