Best Software GUI interface for organizing music?

RLM5545

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at adding a Music streamer to my house to play a large 400 cd's plus collection of CD files, and High Res Audio files. It looks like based on my findings that Bluesound, and Cambridge Audio both have good products.

However, after reading all the reviews I am not sure what product has the best Interface to Organize (Playlists and such) to make actually using the machines easier.

Reviews for both products for interface and use are average.

I am looking for some advise on what might be best.

We will most likely use smartphones or a remote to drive the machines, sometimes a desktop, iMac.

All the reviews talk about the hardware and sound and that is important, but also ease of use is important also.

I have not purchased anything yet so looking at some guidance and suggestions, and I am open to another device if it supplies a better user experience.

For streaming services, we use Spotify, Tidal, Amazon music. To me, Spotify, has best GUI.

Comments, ideas,

Thank you,

Hello!

Take a look at ROON - you can install it on a local PC or Mac and organise / manage your library accordingly. Your phone can become a remote control too - with HiFi/AV devices in your system in some cases being roon enabled / roon certified.

You can also get 30 day free trials etc if required.
There are dedicated hardware options (i.e. the ROON Nucleus).

You can also enable music streaming services through the interface too :)

1644055080418.png

Take a look at ROON

I would have suggested that having used it for several years, but he mentions Spotify and Amazon Music and I do not expect either to get added anytime soon as I cannot see either ever wanting to buried in someone else's UI that hides their brand.

As far as I know the only other option that provides rich clients for mobile and desktop/laptop devices is probably plex but I havnt used that for a long time and thought its library organization and navigation kind of sucked, but has a place if you have video and music.

Hello!

Take a look at ROON - you can install it on a local PC or Mac and organise / manage your library accordingly. Your phone can become a remote control too - with HiFi/AV devices in your system in some cases being roon enabled / roon certified.

You can also get 30 day free trials etc if required.
There are dedicated hardware options (i.e. the ROON Nucleus).

You can also enable music streaming services through the interface too :)

View attachment 1648783

I’ve been trialing Roon for a week and only get two weeks (not 30 days) to decide if I can find a use case in leu of Apple Music. I have to say it seems pretty informative for the music collection one already owns, and streaming services …the Focus and Info tabs reveal more about the artist than I’ve ever been privy to.

But it could be better at organising duplicate tracks, as most anyone with 60,000+ tracks (as I have) is bound to come across a few! And also the playback order needs tweaking ..I typed in Gabrielle today and was expecting it to play all of her tracks, but instead it only played the first album then automatically switched to Radio mode instead of moving on to the next album by the same artist - which I found very frustrating. I also haven’t yet noticed any easy way to upscale\convert .mp3 tracks to lossless or similar within the app - which is what I was kind of hoping for.

I have 6 days left of my trial, but it’s not looking very promising at present - maybe I’m missing something?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom