Best Soap Opera Effect TV? (65inches and up in the $600-$800 range)

goinHAMilton

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am one of the few people who LOVE the soap opera effect on a bright tv. I bought a Hisense 55inch u7g (for gaming) and I have a 70 inch Hisense A6G in my living room for television viewing. I'm really bummed the A6 doesn't have the motion smoothing tech to show a glassy picture like my u7 does. I don't want to go much smaller than 70 inches, so I was potentially looking at the 65inch U6G to trade my A6 with?

does anyone have any reccommendations for someone looking for that feature on anything 65'' inches or higher in that $600-$700 range?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Reply
Report Edit

Anything with a 120hz panel will be best. Whilst 60hz TVs can have interpolation, they can only use it with a 30fps or lower source and can't use it to the same effect.

Since you have a low budget, I'd look at trying to find stock on last year's models. Like last years TCL R635 (6 series) or the Hisense H9G.

Anything with a 120hz panel will be best. Whilst 60hz TVs can have interpolation, they can only use it with a 30fps or lower source and can't use it to the same effect.

Since you have a low budget, I'd look at trying to find stock on last year's models. Like last years TCL R635 (6 series) or the Hisense H9G.
This is very good to know! Thank you! I had no idea why the 60hz couldn't produce nearly as well interpolation as the 120's. I only thought 120hz was crucial for gaming which is why I got one a little smaller.

I had purchased 3 tv's around the same time during black friday so i was trying to stay on the lower side. My hisense a6 70inch im trying to exchange was about $600, but I can go a little higher now that the holiday's have cooled off. Any 60hz with interpolation you reccommend? or am I screwed for what I desire unless I go native 120hz?

I honestly wouldn't bother getting another 60hz TV. You can afford last year's models with 120hz like the Hisense H9G. It's a much better TV than the U6G and U7G anyway and interpolation will be a lot better.
Amazon product ASIN B087FDSRV9

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom