Best SNES downloads

kevin_irl

Established Member
Reaction score
Getting a Wii on friday and I want to know what are the best SNES downloads:smashin:

Id say (in order):

1. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Metroid
4. Street Fighter 2 Turbo 'Hyper Fighting'
5. Super Castlevania IV

Thanks for the replys lads, getting a wii later so im going to be downloading some of these later:thumbsup:
Anyone here play contra/super probotector? I used to love that game on the SNES!

Anyone here play contra/super probotector? I used to love that game on the SNES!

Yep, I loved Super Probotector. Back in the day when SNES games were £40 or so each it was one of the few games I played... and I played it to death!

:D

Cheers.

Yep, I loved Super Probotector. Back in the day when SNES games were £40 or so each it was one of the few games I played... and I played it to death!

:D

Cheers.

Yep i agree i loved super probotector and its one of the those games that has aged well and is still lots of fun to play even now!

Jeez that level is tough where you fight the boss at the end and your jumping from missile to missile!

I used to play it alot aswell, dont think I ever beat it tho, got very close to the end if I remember correctly! Tryed it there yesterday for a half an hour and couldnt get past the first level! Need to practise!

What do ppl think of the Donkey Kong games? I downloaded the first one and ive got to say that it still holds up after all these years! Looks as good as some wii games!:rotfl:

What do ppl think of the Donkey Kong games? I downloaded the first one and ive got to say that it still holds up after all these years! Looks as good as some wii games!:rotfl:

Yeh ive got DKC on the virtual console! Great game and gets really tough later on.

I've lost countless hours to Super Probotector over the years. Two player co-op on Hard all the way. :thumbsup:

DKC is superb on VC.

Have also downloaded Diddy Kong Quests as I never had that game back in the day. It's not too bad either.

Have to admit I'm spending more time on my VC than I am on the Wii just now:D

Hmmmmmm.....difficult, but....
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past
  • Blazing Lazers/Super Star Soldier/Star Parodier trilogy
  • R-type
  • *cough* Super Mario Kart ;)

...not in any order, all 9 are great imo :thumbsup:

Just downloaded Zelda a link to the past - Wow what a game!

I also downloaded Super Mario Land which is also good & Sim City.

R-Type
Harvest Moon
Super Probotector
Castlevania
Streets of Rage

:thumbsup:

I second that :smashin:.

I have Link to the Past for my GBA!! Is it overindulgent to also have it on the VC?? :devil:

PS, I think I am the original Nintendo fan, have owned every system except the GC and GB colour :eek:

I have owned a NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GB, DS so up there as well :)

i completely forgot I could download/play these old snes games on my wii!!

How much does the average game cost?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom