Id say (in order):

1. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Metroid
4. Street Fighter 2 Turbo 'Hyper Fighting'
5. Super Castlevania IV

kevin_irl

Novice Member
Thanks for the replys lads, getting a wii later so im going to be downloading some of these later:thumbsup:
Anyone here play contra/super probotector? I used to love that game on the SNES!

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yep, I loved Super Probotector. Back in the day when SNES games were £40 or so each it was one of the few games I played... and I played it to death!

:D

Cheers.

Yep i agree i loved super probotector and its one of the those games that has aged well and is still lots of fun to play even now!

Jeez that level is tough where you fight the boss at the end and your jumping from missile to missile!

kevin_irl

Novice Member
I used to play it alot aswell, dont think I ever beat it tho, got very close to the end if I remember correctly! Tryed it there yesterday for a half an hour and couldnt get past the first level! Need to practise!

kevin_irl

Novice Member
What do ppl think of the Donkey Kong games? I downloaded the first one and ive got to say that it still holds up after all these years! Looks as good as some wii games!:rotfl:

addyb

Distinguished Member
What do ppl think of the Donkey Kong games? I downloaded the first one and ive got to say that it still holds up after all these years! Looks as good as some wii games!:rotfl:

Yeh ive got DKC on the virtual console! Great game and gets really tough later on.

NinaMyers

Novice Member
DKC is superb on VC.

Have also downloaded Diddy Kong Quests as I never had that game back in the day. It's not too bad either.

Have to admit I'm spending more time on my VC than I am on the Wii just now:D

G a f f e r

Hmmmmmm.....difficult, but....
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past
  • Blazing Lazers/Super Star Soldier/Star Parodier trilogy
  • R-type
  • *cough* Super Mario Kart ;)

...not in any order, all 9 are great imo :thumbsup:

markdavies1978

Standard Member
Just downloaded Zelda a link to the past - Wow what a game!

I also downloaded Super Mario Land which is also good & Sim City.

G a f f e r

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
I second that :smashin:.

I have Link to the Past for my GBA!! Is it overindulgent to also have it on the VC?? :devil:

PS, I think I am the original Nintendo fan, have owned every system except the GC and GB colour :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett