Best 'smart' Blu-Ray player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tennant, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm looking to buy a Blu-Ray player for use in the bedroom. I want to keep the amount of kit in the room to an absolute minimum; so ideally the player will also have the ability to access internet streaming services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4oD etc (not bothered about NetFlix as I always buy films on Blu-Ray). It will be connected to a Yamaha YSP-4300 soundbar and a Pioneer Kuro KRL-37V screen.

It MUST have a built-in DLNA client and MUST be able to play FLAC files over DLNA. It also needs to nbe completely silent when in standby.

Other 'nice to have' features would be an iPhone/iPad app, and 3D capable (for if I ever replace the screen).

I have narrowed it down to a few possibilities (although may be other suggestions), but can't find enough detailed specs to confirm whether the models I am considering meet my criteria, could anyone with experience of these players comment on whether they would suit my needs?

Panasonic DMPBDT320 (about to be repalced by 330?)
    Sony S5100
    Sony BDP-S790
    Yamaha BD-S673
    Yamaha BD-A1020

Thanks.