Best small surround sound

cameronc20

Novice Member
Hi folks, I currently have a 5.1 kef q1 system. Unfortunately I am in a 18ft x 9ft room after a house move and the sound is boucing everywhere. So I need some tips in the best quality surround sound that is small I have tried the kef 2005 before and want this to be much finer quality thanks.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi folks, I currently have a 5.1 kef q1 system. Unfortunately I am in a 18ft x 9ft room after a house move and the sound is boucing everywhere. So I need some tips in the best quality surround sound that is small I have tried the kef 2005 before and want this to be much finer quality thanks.

Can you post some pictures of your room / speakers how you have them now?

So you want HTS2005 size, but better quality than those all wall mounted or stands?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The sound bouncing around will still be sound bouncing around with smaller loudspeaker enclosures.

As above an idea of the room, room layout and room decor would be helpful.

Joe

cameronc20

Novice Member
thanks for reply’s, this is the room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 47

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The room isn't particularly large, so I don't feel its an underpowered issue and more of a setup issue although do I see a bed which could be causing some of the issues with the sound bouncing all around the room.

You might find if you try elevating the front three speakers a little more, they are not bouncing off the wooden frame. Also the distance between the three front speakers isn't ideal as its especially narrow, although there isn't much you can do with that other than move then out a little further

As for setting the room eq on the Sony, what reading has it given once you have re-run it in the new room?

cameronc20

Novice Member
Hi, yes I know the room is not ideal but the only option as I have just moved house and had the speakers already I could raise the front set however, and I just did the mic calibration I have touched the eq.

password1

Distinguished Member
Try the q1 speakers wider apart.

Lots of bare walls isn't helping..Add.thicker curtains, large fabric lamp shade, add more soft furnishings if possible.

cameronc20

Novice Member
Try the q1 speakers wider apart.

Lots of bare walls isn't helping..Add.thicker curtains, large fabric lamp shade, add more soft furnishings if possible.
Thanks for the tips, I am going to go with Dali Spector 1s and move to the living room so I have a smaller easier to fit to the walls System but will bare the hints in mind

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the tips, I am going to go with Dali Spector 1s and move to the living room so I have a smaller easier to fit to the walls System but will bare the hints in mind
Will you buy the Spektor Vokal too? Notice some dealers have spektor in white finish like below forum advertiser while some sites doesn´t list it at all!!! Just thinking that if you wall mount them then the white could be quite nice. You can then hide the wires with white trunking aswell.

password1

Distinguished Member
Great choice for small speakers that are easy to position. Unlike most other white speakers
on the market they have white grilles. Most other white speakers have black or grey grilles.

cameronc20

Novice Member
Will you buy the Spektor Vokal too? Notice some dealers have spektor in white finish like below forum advertiser while some sites doesn´t list it at all!!! Just thinking that if you wall mount them then the white could be quite nice. You can then hide the wires with white trunking aswell.

Yes I will be getting the Vokal too might get white not decided yet and yes seems to be the best speaker around at the size thought it would bridge the gap between the pretty large q1 kef and the small kef eggs

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you are planning to downsize we would be looking at the Gallo Acoustics Micro SE or A'Diva SE - lots of options in terms of finish to suit any decor.

We have them listed on our webshop but more detail is available on the manufacturer website.

As @cameronc20 suggest widening the Front LR positioning would make sense too.

Joe

cameronc20

Novice Member
Thanks i ended up changing to a bigger room and getting a denon amp with bigger monitor audio speakers much happier now 😀

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom