Best small room air coolers

danmarr14

Hi all,

I have a small 5.1 setup in the loft in my rented apartment at the moment and was wondering if people have any good suggestions for how to best cool a closed room? The room has a velux in it, on the latch to let air in but the physical window is shut, and I need to keep the door closed so I do not disturb my neighbours! Room placement etc is not ideal I know, but I am trying to think of a way to at least cool it down after 3-4hrs up there on my own in humid evenings like tonight. Have people used any of the Dyson products before? Am tempted by one of their Purifiers and Humidifiers to help it feel a bit fresher and cooler, sadly I can't install a proper AC unit and nowhere easy to extract the air either. Any ideas?

Dan

ufo550

Distinguished Member
I don’t think you will be able to lower the temperature of a loft conversion, with out some form of extraction. Best you could achieve is fans to other you some relief, humidifier will lower the water content, but not the overall temperature.

Difficult one. You could seek some advice from a ventilation manufacturer or company.

danmarr14

I don’t think you will be able to lower the temperature of a loft conversion, with out some form of extraction. Best you could achieve is fans to other you some relief, humidifier will lower the water content, but not the overall temperature.

Difficult one. You could seek some advice from a ventilation manufacturer or company.

Thank you! Suspected this may be the case.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom