pigeonaudio

Novice Member
Hi all,
I have a 5.1 system running from an Arcam Solo Movie but need your help to improve on the R90HD's as the front stereo speakers for music.

Whatever I go for, they have to be small, less than 310mm high, and for family politics, they have to be white!!

I have considered rebuilding our shelving to fit some Dali Zensor 3's but that idea didn't go down well in our household.

So, would you go for KEF QW100; Dali Zensor 1; Monitor Audio Silver 1, or something else?

I have recently replaced my Quad L-ite speakers and sub with Monitor Audio R90HD's R180centre & R390sub. All great for movies, but I find the music capabilities disappointing, especially in the midrange. With the sub, of course the set-up kicks out good bass and the treble, the detail and soundstage of the R90HD is amazing but sometimes I don't want to have to rely on the sub and even then I find the midrange is missing something. I like a rich or slightly warm but crisp detailed sound with strong performance at high and low frequencies and so I need to improve on the R90's bias to the upper frequencies.

Thanks, looking forward to your recommendations.

KenM10759

KEF Q100 if you need front ported, R100 if you have more budget and at a little space behind them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom