Best Sky HD offers after threatening cancellation...

F

fergusonm

I'm currently a sky+ customer on the £47 package and am looking to get the best deal possible on sky hd. I've been a customer for over 8 years and so should get quite good deals as one of their cs reps said this has a lot to do with what you get offered.

I rang on Friday and said I was cancelling to get Freesat. They offered me the box for £49 and HD mix for £5 for 6 months. I didn't want to push it too much as hubby would KILL me if it had been cancelled.:rotfl:

I'm just wondering if anyone else got any better offers - I thought they might have cut the £47 also and maybe done the HD mix at £5 for 12 months instead of 6......

Just wondering so I can go back and barter with the old "I know someone who got...." speel
Thanks

I dont think sky care about loosing customers to be honest. They seem to think they can attract more new customers than they will loose. If they did care about customers then the customer service would be improved and the actual issues surrounding HD would have been sorted.

I just got an offer of HD for 49 installed free, 6 months @£5 and the £10 for the remainder of the contract.

Also have given me 12 months free telephone line rental, and 12 months half price subs to the top broadband package..

so one happy bunny here :thumbsup:

I have Sky World and Sky HD , plus Sky Talk and their free 1mb Broadband offer. I was spending almost £60 a month with them. I called to remove movies as I hardly watch them. She looked at my subs and before I could even explain what I wanted to do she put me down to £30 for my Subs including HD for 3 months. She said call back in November to see what they could offer me then.

I think the best way to discuss it is by explaining you think you are looking at making a few finanical cut backs short term but would come back in the future. Dont go in saying "I want you you to cut my bill" It does appear to depend fully on what you currently subscribe too. A friend of mine who only has a few mixes called to get his £20 a month bill cut, they offered him nothing and put him through to cancellations.

Last edited:
i got a similar deal last week (£49.99 for the box and installation), and again i had to go through the long drawn out process of threatening to cancell. Usually this is a bluff, but on this occasion the customer service guy made me so mad that i probably would have just cancelled, so on that basis i would say that you did well to get the subscription reduction too!

When i highlighted the fact that i didn't agree with the policy of having seperate pricing plans for new & existing customer (existing customers having to pay £30 more) he just responded with some throw away statement like 'you would have got an insentive to join when you originally signed up'. I then questioned why as a full package subscriber for the past 6 years i wasn't being treated like a valued customer- his reply: ' our most valued customers have been with us for over 15 years' -UNBELIEVABLE!

At this point i'd had enough, and told him to pass me through to cancellations as i was ready to tell them where to stick it. He then came back after briefly putting me on hold to tell me there would ba a 36 minute wait, before asking me: 'before you go can i interest you in taking our our broadband and telephone package' - I honestly thought he must have been trying to have a laugh............

as the previous poster stated, sky CS is a joke and the HD service is far from the finish article.

Hi, ive been with skiy for 8 years aswell, never cancled and for the whole of them 8 years ive had the sky world package. Ive just moved into a new flat so at the time i also took out the broadband package, the lowest one they do, £5 a month. I currently have sky + and multi room with just a normal digi box. We currently pay £62 per month.

Last week i thought id upgrade to Sky + HD, and then get them to move my old sky + box into my bedroom and then sell my old pace digi box. Phoned them up and said what i wanted no problem the guy said, when through everything, said it will be £75 for the box and free install, great i thought!!!

he then put me through to a young girl who then said her lines and at the end said and that £30 install fee........ No i said!!! and as you can guess i argued my case out. She would budge so i left it and said didnt want sky hd.

Phoned up the next day and todl them what happened and that im refusing to pay the £30 for the install, nothing they could do apart from give me a cheaper bill for 6 months, i took that but was still fighting my £30 install.

I read on here that someone went to the cancelation department and they got a good deal. she put me through and the guy said you dont want to pay £30 but what the HD yes i said and he goes ok ill give you the Sky + HD and install for £69!!!

so my deal i got and this took me an HOUR on the phone to get this.

Sky + HD and the install and re-location of my existing sky + box for £69
i got for 3 months £20 off my sky world package and then for 6 months £5 off my multi room sub.

Not bad i thought!

the aim is just to stick at it and dont give up the amount of times they were saying no to me, and i didnt even say right im going to cancle i said after all this i may think about cancling my sub!!!

When i highlighted the fact that i didn't agree with the policy of having seperate pricing plans for new & existing customer (existing customers having to pay £30 more) he just responded with some throw away statement like 'you would have got an insentive to join when you originally signed up'.

I had the exact same thing said to me when i said all that! im one for not giving up and like i said took me an hour to get what i wanted. But i never once said im quitting, just said im thinking about leaving now after all this! lol

I'm currently a sky+ customer on the £47 package and am looking to get the best deal possible on sky hd. I've been a customer for over 8 years and so should get quite good deals as one of their cs reps said this has a lot to do with what you get offered.

I rang on Friday and said I was cancelling to get Freesat. They offered me the box for £49 and HD mix for £5 for 6 months. I didn't want to push it too much as hubby would KILL me if it had been cancelled.:rotfl:

I'm just wondering if anyone else got any better offers - I thought they might have cut the £47 also and maybe done the HD mix at £5 for 12 months instead of 6......

Just wondering so I can go back and barter with the old "I know someone who got...." speel
Thanks

I too have virtually the same package as you, but been a customer for over 10 years on the full £47 package. I haven't received any offers, not one phone call to ask if my package was ok and could they offer anything else, and to cap it all, I'm expected to pay more money than a new customer for the exact same package after all these years !!:mad:
I agree, their existing customer loyalty is appalling !! :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

I cancelled the Sports 2 weeks ago and thought I would take Sky HD. They quoted me £75 + £60 fitting ! :mad:

Their best offer up to now by email has been £69 installed ! :(

So at your prices, I would have snapped their hand off !! ;)

I am currently on the £47 full movies and sports package with Sky+, the missus wants multi-room in the bedroom so she doesnt have to sit through the footie! (and as a bonus I dont have to sit through the multitude of reality TV she watches :D)

Basically I'm wondering what the best realistic deal is that Sky will offer me - it seems a bit daft to just go for a standard box as part of multi-room when HD is available (with a nice big 160gb of storage) but I dont want to be paying £10 p/m extra for multi-room PLUS £10 p/m extra for HD!!!!

I'd be happy with the £75 for the HD box (installed) as long as they dont charge me £20 p/m extra!

Is there any chance I can get the £75 box WITHOUT subscribing to the HD mix or wont they entertain that??

SteveP

Thats a dam good deal. Here is what i got but not all at the same time:

Half price subs for 3 months £23.50 (normally £47) - customer services i think applied this.
Sky HD @ £49 + FREE INSTALL - Turnaround department authorised this.

There is nothing stopping you going for reduced subs after you have your Sky HD is there now. ;)

Hi All
Got sky hd today £49 instaled
Do you think that's a good deal:)

I sadly didn't get any discount on my HD Box order today, £75 + the £30 swap your Sky+ for a Sky+HD box charge.

But I did get free movies for 3 months, having movies already, that saves me £48, so it's not all bad.

The install date of the 29th of this month is though! The earliest date they had was the 27th! But that day is no good for me. And no Sunday's this side of Christmas. Was shocked. Looked at the site for an install a week ago, and could have a date as early as this Wed!

I dont think sky care about loosing customers to be honest. They seem to think they can attract more new customers than they will loose. If they did care about customers then the customer service would be improved and the actual issues surrounding HD would have been sorted.

Because we all know that Sky has introduced the lip sync issues on purpose, made the boxes fail on purpose outside the guarantee to make people pay for service calls and could fix them both easily but has chosen not to do so. :rolleyes:

guys i dont really get it. i pay around 60£ a month and i want sky hd but i dont want to pay for installation so i tried the threatening thing. they hanged up the phone to me 2 times! well i guess i have to pay the full price 105£.

Because we all know that Sky has introduced the lip sync issues on purpose, made the boxes fail on purpose outside the guarantee to make people pay for service calls and could fix them both easily but has chosen not to do so. :rolleyes:

You said it not me.

And Sky did introduce indian call centres for the customer services in which most of the advisors seem to not know what english is. I guess though you wouldnt blame sky for that tho.

Sky is actively hiring Engineers in just about every area of the country in order to reduce and ultimately stop using contractors as there are far more complaints about them than Sky's own installer network. Sky is also pushing heavily the functions available through the digibox and online to try and reduce the number of calls received. Once this has come down enough the plan is to reduce and again ultimately get rid of outsourced call centres including India. Sky have been advertising for staff in their Uk call centres but are having real trouble hiring enough people to fill all the positions they have.

Sky is also pushing heavily the functions available through the digibox and online to try and reduce the number of calls received.
Please don't take this as someone having a go at you personally, but this only seems to be true for the things Sky want us to do, i.e. the things that involve us paying Sky more. Downgrading your package or canceling the subscription completely is strangely not possible through MySky. For these you have to phone the call centre, wait in the queues, struggle with the Indians (at the moment), etc. The cynic in me can't help but think that Sky deliberately makes these things as hard as possible.

Please don't take this as someone having a go at you personally, but this only seems to be true for the things Sky want us to do, i.e. the things that involve us paying Sky more. Downgrading your package or canceling the subscription completely is strangely not possible through MySky. For these you have to phone the call centre, wait in the queues, struggle with the Indians (at the moment), etc. The cynic in me can't help but think that Sky deliberately makes these things as hard as possible.
That's really annoying, they won't even let you do it as part of an overall upgrade. Whilst I was upgrading to Sky HD I wanted to remove a the music and kids mix to save a couple of quid a month (£8 net extra to Sky a month) - no chance online.:(

....you have to phone the call centre, wait in the queues, struggle with the Indians (at the moment), etc.
Just to be fair to the Indians, my struggle was with a Scot, and less because of her accent than the nonsense she said.:D

Sky is actively hiring Engineers in just about every area of the country in order to reduce and ultimately stop using contractors as there are far more complaints about them than Sky's own installer network. Sky is also pushing heavily the functions available through the digibox and online to try and reduce the number of calls received. Once this has come down enough the plan is to reduce and again ultimately get rid of outsourced call centres including India. Sky have been advertising for staff in their Uk call centres but are having real trouble hiring enough people to fill all the positions they have.

please don't make me laugh anymore because my sides are splitting. Sky having problems hiring staff??? unemployment is sky high (excuse the pun), people loosing jobs left right and centre and sky cannott find staff to work in their call centres??

I work in a call centre myself and theres no problems at all finding staff. If sky are having problems finding staff to work in their call centres then they really do need to have a management restructure in the HR department because who ever is in charge is certainly not doing a very good job.

Anyway rant over.....

for a little while anyway.

erm, this is not a sky bashing thread is it?? i've read plenty of them thanks.

can we get back on topic so we can see how much people have saved, ta:smashin:

sorry, its jsut very easy to get wound up by Sky and start bashing them.

You seem to do nothing but complain about all aspects of Sky TV. :rolleyes:

One wonders why you subscribe to the service at all? :confused:

ATB

Max

While there's plenty of unemployment that doesn't actually mean that the staff available are of a decent quality that Sky actually want to hire them! There are a great many people that are quite happy on the dole and don't want to work. There are also a great many people that think £6-7 an hour for call centre work is an afront to their earning potential and turn their nose up at money like that!

In the areas where Sky have their call centres a great many of the local people work for Sky. In Livingston there are 4 call centres and several hundred other staff that work in non customer facing roles. I believe that the total number of Staff at Livingston alone reaches over 1,000, possibly as high as 1,200. In Dunfermline alone there's at least that many. There's only so many staff from the local area that want to work!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom