Best sky+ box?

MarTTy

Standard Member
Just about to get sky+ installed and want to know which is the best box. I currently have a grundig sky box sending video via s video.

I'm after something with optical output (5.1) to my amp and s video or even component via my HTPC to display onto my projector....any issues or boxes to keep clear of would be appreciated.

cheers

MarTTy

HMHB

Distinguished Member
There's a new one out made by Amstrad, which I had installed today. I'll let you know how I get on with it

StooMonster

Originally posted by Jonny1973
At the moment, all Sky+ boxes are made by Pace.
Except the V3 ones made by Amstrad. ;)

StooMonster

H

homebooby

Hi all,

We're in November now and I was wondering if the above is still the same.

Does anyone know of a list of boxes/box reviews by any chance. I am looking at maybe upgrading to sky+ and am evaluating the cost/advantage of upgrading the panny dsb40 I have at the moment.

Thanks a lot

bobcar

homebooby said:
Hi all,

We're in November now and I was wondering if the above is still the same.

Does anyone know of a list of boxes/box reviews by any chance. I am looking at maybe upgrading to sky+ and am evaluating the cost/advantage of upgrading the panny dsb40 I have at the moment.

Thanks a lot

You can get Pace (V2) or more probably Amstrad if Sky install it, there are no other standard boxes. There is also the 160 which is much more expensive.

Nick_UK

Banned
I would go for the Pace box. If you ever want to put a bigger hard drive into the box, there is a lot more experience of doing this with the Pace than with the Amstrad.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom