Best size TV for gaming

pwlewisuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for new TV, i will be sat about 1 to 2 foot from screen, a litle bit like playing on a PC, what is the best aize screen to get and any ideas on what i shoulld buy to get top notch picture for the size, money no object here either because its a smaller size screen

I am looking for new TV, i will be sat about 1 to 2 foot from screen, a litle bit like playing on a PC, what is the best aize screen to get and any ideas on what i shoulld buy to get top notch picture for the size, money no object here either because its a smaller size screen
Id probably go for a 26"-£32" and probably get 720p as these days the xbox graphics are starting to look well dated,black ops on my 50" tv at 1080p.:thumbsdow

Id probably go for a 26"-£32" and probably get 720p as these days the xbox graphics are starting to look well dated,black ops on my 50" tv at 1080p.:thumbsdow

I think you'll find that that's just COD mate :D

but seriously, from experience, it depends on the game. I still havent found a game on the 360 that wasnt glaringly poor graphically on the 360. Even the first assassin's creed which I recently played had some really good graphics imo. Same for Dead Space and Bioshock.

but seriously, from experience, it depends on the game. I still havent found a game on the 360 that wasnt glaringly poor graphically on the 360. Even the first assassin's creed which I recently played had some really good graphics imo. Same for Dead Space and Bioshock.

Agreed! Black Ops looks pap full stop.

I just recalibrated my set and Bioshock just looks stunning. Jaw dropping.

My tv is 6 feet up and I sit around 6/7 feet away :) Its a 37"

I think 32 is way too big for that close. 24" would be better, you wouldnt have to scan the tv for the focus point every 2 seconds.

Jungle map,gee,Ive started to play my xbox more on my 42" 1024 x 768 tv as this seems to be giving a less strained image.
5 years, i wish they would pull there finger out and update the console so we can get the most out of these hd tvs.

I use my misses TV at hers, she has a 24" Samsung and I play that from about 3-4 feet away, not too bad and quite a nice size IMO.

It depends how far away you will be sitting, a general rule of thumb is that the distance is ideally 2.5x the screen size.

I use a 23 inch NEC monitor for gaming. I play alot better than I did on my 40 inch Samsung.

I'm also only a couple feet away from screen.

I've got a 24" Dell monitor I use from about 2 - 3ft away and I find that pretty much spot on.

Took the 360 downstairs over the weekend and took ages to adjust to playing on a 37" screen - think I prefer the smaller screen for gaming :smashin:

depends on your budget too, i mean general rule of thumb is that big name brands are good, but sometimes a bargin works just aswell

AOC L42HA91 42" LCD Freeview Full HD TV 1920x1080.. | Ebuyer.com - £380 for full hd 42" tv

Hannspree SJ32DMBB 32 inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV 3 x.. | Ebuyer.com - £280 for 32" full hd

AOC L32WA91 32 inch LCD HD Ready TV with Freeview.. | Ebuyer.com - £240 for 32" hd ready

etc. none of them named brands but great prices.

but if its a named brand then a variety of sites offer good deals.

personally i use a 40" technika full hd (tescos) and cannot fault it. never had an issue, and has a gamer mode in the menus for better gaming smoothness :)

make sure the input lag isn't too high. shouldn't be over 40ms, ideally around 10-30

Hey,

I sit about 1 foot away from my TV and i use a 22" LG Lcd TV.

Absolutely brilliant picture. Connected to 360 VIA HDMI, computer via RGB, DVD player via AV cable, and also connected to TV Aerial.

Linky Linky

Had it for over a year now, and it's brilliant. . :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom