• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Best size TV for gaming

pwlewisuk

I am looking for new TV, i will be sat about 1 to 2 foot from screen, a litle bit like playing on a PC, what is the best aize screen to get and any ideas on what i shoulld buy to get top notch picture for the size, money no object here either because its a smaller size screen

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
I am looking for new TV, i will be sat about 1 to 2 foot from screen, a litle bit like playing on a PC, what is the best aize screen to get and any ideas on what i shoulld buy to get top notch picture for the size, money no object here either because its a smaller size screen
Id probably go for a 26"-£32" and probably get 720p as these days the xbox graphics are starting to look well dated,black ops on my 50" tv at 1080p.:thumbsdow

Yemeth

Distinguished Member
Id probably go for a 26"-£32" and probably get 720p as these days the xbox graphics are starting to look well dated,black ops on my 50" tv at 1080p.:thumbsdow

I think you'll find that that's just COD mate :D

but seriously, from experience, it depends on the game. I still havent found a game on the 360 that wasnt glaringly poor graphically on the 360. Even the first assassin's creed which I recently played had some really good graphics imo. Same for Dead Space and Bioshock.

Dinky Dragon

but seriously, from experience, it depends on the game. I still havent found a game on the 360 that wasnt glaringly poor graphically on the 360. Even the first assassin's creed which I recently played had some really good graphics imo. Same for Dead Space and Bioshock.

Agreed! Black Ops looks pap full stop.

I just recalibrated my set and Bioshock just looks stunning. Jaw dropping.

My tv is 6 feet up and I sit around 6/7 feet away :) Its a 37"

I think 32 is way too big for that close. 24" would be better, you wouldnt have to scan the tv for the focus point every 2 seconds.

bladedripper

Distinguished Member

Jungle map,gee,Ive started to play my xbox more on my 42" 1024 x 768 tv as this seems to be giving a less strained image.
5 years, i wish they would pull there finger out and update the console so we can get the most out of these hd tvs.

virtual_boy

It depends how far away you will be sitting, a general rule of thumb is that the distance is ideally 2.5x the screen size.

danz1985

I use a 23 inch NEC monitor for gaming. I play alot better than I did on my 40 inch Samsung.

I'm also only a couple feet away from screen.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
I've got a 24" Dell monitor I use from about 2 - 3ft away and I find that pretty much spot on.

Took the 360 downstairs over the weekend and took ages to adjust to playing on a 37" screen - think I prefer the smaller screen for gaming :smashin:

majson83

depends on your budget too, i mean general rule of thumb is that big name brands are good, but sometimes a bargin works just aswell

AOC L42HA91 42" LCD Freeview Full HD TV 1920x1080.. | Ebuyer.com - £380 for full hd 42" tv

Hannspree SJ32DMBB 32 inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV 3 x.. | Ebuyer.com - £280 for 32" full hd

AOC L32WA91 32 inch LCD HD Ready TV with Freeview.. | Ebuyer.com - £240 for 32" hd ready

etc. none of them named brands but great prices.

but if its a named brand then a variety of sites offer good deals.

personally i use a 40" technika full hd (tescos) and cannot fault it. never had an issue, and has a gamer mode in the menus for better gaming smoothness :)

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
make sure the input lag isn't too high. shouldn't be over 40ms, ideally around 10-30

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
Hey,

I sit about 1 foot away from my TV and i use a 22" LG Lcd TV.

Absolutely brilliant picture. Connected to 360 VIA HDMI, computer via RGB, DVD player via AV cable, and also connected to TV Aerial.

Linky Linky

Had it for over a year now, and it's brilliant. . :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom