best site for region 1 dts dvd's?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by The Spaniard, Feb 28, 2001.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi, this is my first look at this topic as I am currently looking for a projector and spend all of my time on that site! I am looking to increase my dvd collection and feel the difference between DD and DTS is amazing! A mate lent me terminator 2 on region 1, DTS and the sound blew me away. Where is the best place to get dts dvd's from? I have looked at movietyme but before I order any I felt I had to ask your advice! Is there anywhere in the U.K. that does region 1 dvd's for cheaper? Or anywhere else for that matter!

Many thanks

The Spaniard

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Spaniard - Not quite sure why you specify anyone in the UK who does cheaper DTS stuff as only a few DTS R2 discs exist ... So most DTS stuff I have bought is R1 and I order from 2 places in particular www.play247.com (in Jersey) who are especially good on 2 disc sets as they try to keep their prices below the £18 mark (so the T2 you were so impressed with cost £17.99p from them) I also use www.absound.ca in Canada who are good price wise & quick (sent me a DVD-A disc last friday - arrived in the UK Tuesday - @ £15 inc postage) Hope this assists ... Paul [​IMG]

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."