Question Best sim only provider

blubber234

Standard Member
Looking to renew my sim only deal. Currently on EE paying £18 for 20gb of data.
I’ve seen that EE, O2 and Vodafone all have the same offer of 25gb of data for £15 a month on uSwitch.
However just looking for a bit of info on smarty and iD mobile, as they have cheaper plans but I know nothing about them. Are they any good? There both monthly rolling contracts so was going to give one a go.

Thanks

Steven

Senior Moderator
The 'best' is your priorities

For me it is the network that provides solid 4G reception

Followed by cost versus plan allowances

I would still be with Three mobile and their generally price competitive plans but could not receive 4G at my current address.

It is not my 2014 smartphone because a housemate with a more recent phone model could not receive 4G on Three either. That is why I moved to Vodafone for the 4G

nitram_tpr

I'm on a Virgin monthly sim only (they ride on the back of EE). I work from home (been WFH for 6 years, not just cos of Covid) and don't need a massive data bundle, their 500meg deal suits me down to the ground, it's dead cheap and the coverage where I live (pretty rural) is not too shabby at all.

id and smarty both run on the back of Three, if you've got good reception with Three where you are then they could be a good bet, no idea what their customer service is like though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom