Best setup given my situation

fuse_66

Novice Member
I am new to audio side of things but im finally going to splash out on a system. I will be using it for DVD playback and xbox 360 aswell as media centre. I have been reccomended this set up http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007SQK6I/202-0106445-4546222?v=glance&n=560798&s=electronics&v=glance
but im unsure as other people say get seperates. My parents have seperates and the sound quality is very good, so would you reccomend the set i put the link too or is there something better for £300? Also if i do get a set with an amplifier unlike the ones above could i buy some floor standing speakers for it and connect them or is that not possible, any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Consider a Yamaha AV59 setup. Comes with a seperate amp which means all components can be upgraded when funds allow.
And yes it will power floorstanders, as long as they're not exotic.
Been spotted at £228.

Ixnay

Novice Member
Badger0-0 said:
Consider a Yamaha AV59 setup. Comes with a seperate amp which means all components can be upgraded when funds allow.
And yes it will power floorstanders, as long as they're not exotic.
Been spotted at £228.
Good advice! Get separates, as you WILL want to upgrade sooner than you think. I bought an integrated all-in-one thinking it would be fine without thought of upgradability. But trust me, the bug bites and come upgrade time you'll regret it and so will your wallet. :suicide:

AV59 gets lots of great write-ups for the price. Don't think you can go too wrong there.

captain69

Novice Member
Digital Direct and Sound and Vision. Pricerunner.co.uk for future ref - although froogle.google.co.uk will do just as well.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Let us know what you think mate.
The more opinions, the better :smashin:

ricflairandy

digital direct dont have any in stock.

I orderd in the end from hifisupplies , as they guaranteed me delivery tomorrow for 230 inc free delivery.