Best Setup For Vizio 5.1.4 Soundbar

mattpbryant

Novice Member
Hello,

Newbie here. I just purchased the Sony A80J 65 inch and a VIZIO SB46514-F6 (don't judge too harshly--all I could convince my wife to go for). I have been reading various forums regarding best atmos set up, and it seems muddled (seeing all sorts of terms: sharc, splitter, etc). This soundbar doesn't have earc. 1) So from what I have read, in order to get full lossless atmos/other audio, I have to plug my 4k player into the soundbar Correct? 2) The question I have is after plugging into the input of the soundbar, do I need to go to the eARC of the TV, or can I go to any HDMI inputs on the TV since the soundbar is handling the audio processing?

3) I also have a 4K Firestick. I know with that it is pointless to plug into the soundbar since any streaming source will only have compressed audio. Correct? Or to avoid lag would it be better to plug into the soundbar also? 4) Question is if I don't plug into soundbar how does the 4K stick get sound to the soundbar if the ARC output from the soundbar is used to plug into a different HDMI port on the TV rather than the eARC.

As you can see I am all sorts of confused. Finally, 5) would it be better to buy a switcher for the soundbar input and plug both stick and 4k into it, then run the ARC output into the eARC or other port?

Also does anyone have info on the right setting for the TV to get all this working properly (depending on what is the best setup for my situation). Thanks for your help!!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom