1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Setup for HD Sky, HDTV and DVD Recorder?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DragonQ, Sep 29, 2005.

1. DragonQ

DragonQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the near future I want to get a home cinema. There are 2 options for equipment:

OPTION 1:
    I want an HD Sky box (likely Sky +), a DVD Recorder and obviously an HDTV LCD/Plasma. What would be the best way to link up all this stuff? I ASSUME, the best way is as follows:

HD Sky ------(HDMI)-----> DVD Recorder ------(HDMI)------> HDTV.

However, I'm pretty sure DVD Recorders with HDMI-Out are pretty rare, let alone ones with HDMI-In. So, I was thinking maybe the best way is like this:

HD Sky -----(HDMI)-----> HDTV
    DVD Recorder -----(HDMI)-----> HDTV
    DVD Recorder <-----(Component + Digital Coaxial)----- HDTV

But again, there is a problem - HDTVs with TWO HDMI/DVI Connectors are again pretty rare - do they exist at all??

OPTION 2:
    I may actually not get a DVD Recorder at all - Hard Drive recording (i.e. with Sky+) is a lot easier and better quality anyway, so there is less use of DVD Recorders. In this case, I will probably use the following setup:

DVD Player -----(HDMI)-----> HDTV

Or, if the TV only has one HDMI Input:

DVD Player -----(Component/RGB Scart + Digital Coaxial)-----> HDTV

Are these the best setups if this is the equipment I'll be using?? What connections would you recommend for both setups, baring in mind current technology and availablility?