Best Settings

X

XRayLexx

I have a 360, the HD-DVD player and a HD Ready 42" Sagem Axium connected via Component

Which is the best set up?
720p for Movies? Cos games run best 720p
1080i for Movies?
My TV doesnt support 1080p

Is it best to go the HD VGA route, is this a better quality than the Component.

Or is all all much of a muchness?

TBH its personal taste. what looks best to you is what matters. i prefer 1080i.

Its like asking how do you like your steak. i prefer medium rare but you might like well done. use what you think looks best. use 720p for a couple of weeks then 1080i and see what you think.

just my opinion

ben

yes, I prefer 1080i as well for movies.

I use VGA and the Highest Resolution apart from 1080p.

As everybody says its personal taste and also how well you have set it up. VGA on the preset picture settings on my TV is awful but after I went through a picture setup DVD it looked amazing.

Isnt 720p more suitable to fast moving games?
Just what Id read.

Shame you can press a button on the 360 controller to easily flit between modes.

Ive tried 1080i and 720p and I cant really tell too much difference to be honest.

What about the difference between a Componenet or VGA connection?

Component v VGA?

Another tough one, and again you need to test both and see what you prefer....

I have now found that (for me) VGA is much better for games than component. Its alot crisper/sharper and colours are not too over the top.

However, HDDVD seems better in component - can't quite put my finger on it, but i prefer more vibrant colours in films. VGA seemed more washed out in HD than SD - even after mucking about with settings.

I use VGA and the Highest Resolution apart from 1080p.

As everybody says its personal taste and also how well you have set it up. VGA on the preset picture settings on my TV is awful but after I went through a picture setup DVD it looked amazing.

....and we find ourselves discussing this again :) I thought it was just me who was a bit anal with picture quality. :rotfl:

Anyways, Cowden_harley, I found that anything above 1360x768 on my Samsung dropped it into standby. Which exactly are you using?

Said it before, say it again...

Its not personal taste, its how well you display device deals with 720p Vs 1080i.

Some look better at 720p, some 1080i.

I like my steak well done also, but if the chefs crap I'd rather have it medium-rare from someone else!!!!

I like my steak well done also, but if the chefs crap I'd rather have it medium-rare from someone else!!!!

See personal taste :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom