Best Settings

CJRoberts1983

Standard Member
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could help or if this is even the best place to post this.

I have recently purchased the PANASONIC VIERA TX-P42UT30B 42” Full HD Plasma 3D TV and was wondering if anyone has or had this tv and can recommend best picture settings or where I might find them?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice given.

Regards

Carl

BigGuns10

Standard Member
I don't own this TV, but if you list the options for the picture or image, i might be able to give you tips based on my experience from other TVs. This also depends on what you mean by 'best picture'. Some people like Dynamic - bright picture, punchy colours. Some prefer Standard - less contrast, more brightness and slightly less colour. So you can't fully rely on other people settings. I also read somewhere that TVs, even if same model, won't give you the same performance on the same setting - might not be true! Anyway, i always start with Contrast:80, Brightness:50, Colour:65, Sharpness: 40, Dynamic Contrast (if available): Medium. Then i look at some test patterns or a movie with a considerable amount of CGI. Avatar is my favourite for this, (Tron is also very good). Lots of fast-paced action, especially second half of movie. Dark scenes, the sky, and the vivid plants should help you with the final adjustments. This is just my way of doing it. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CJRoberts1983

Standard Member
BigGuns10 said:
So? Did it work?

Sorry mate I have not had a chance to do it yet but thank you for the advice and as soon as I do it I'll let you know the results.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Carl

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom