Best settings to us for YouTube

Foster1984

I am soon going to be getting a Hauppauge HD PVR, so I can record my gameplay for youtube.

But after doing a lot of research regarding what settings would be best to use, both for recording in and for posting in, I am confused.

I am going to be switching from using HDMI and going back to Component so I can use the HD PVR. But am unsure which resolution to be set in. The PVR can handle upto 1080i and so can YouTube, yet all HD video I look at on YouTube are 720p. Is there any particular reason for this?

Im only concerned about this as I can only use full pixel on my TV in 1080i or 1080p. So if I went to 720p I might lose some quality, especially after also switching back to component (though not sure Id notice it after a few days). :smashin:

But if I could use 1080i for playing purposes and then post-homously render the file to 720p using Sony Vegas that would be preferable. But here lies my next question, are there any settings which would be best for YouTube when rendering in Vegas? As each YouTube video I watch giving settings all differ and don't look much different.

Top Bottom