Best settings for t.v/gaming with LG UP77 (50 inch)

JayKay70

Hi,

Does anyone know what the best settings is for the LG 50UP77006LB for mainly gaming and the odd bit of netflix here and there, it's like a minefield with the options :eek:

Just want to get it right for my son for his Xbox Series X

I looked on rtings but can't find this model.

Cheers

Jay

next010

Distinguished Member
First thing to do is update firmware of the TV.

For games turn on game optimizer mode (set it to standard).
  • Prevent input delay = on (if supported).
  • turn on HGIG (HDR tone mapping, if supported)
  • If variable refresh rate support is detected by Xbox turn it on (I don't think TV supports this).
  • This TV I think is 4K 60hz max so set console to 4K 60hz output.
  • 120Hz might be possible at 1080p/1440p but without VRR support it will be a judder fest.

For Netflix use the TV's built in app and select cinema or ISF Expert Bright/Dark either will do.

JayKay70

Thanks @next010

• I will look for input delay, not sure i see that option.
  • I will look for HDR tone mapping, not sure i see that option.
  • Variable refresh rate was detected by the Xbox
  • I have the t.v set too 4K 60hz, it does have the option for 120Hz @ 1080p but i don't think my son wants that anyway.
I don't know if it's my eyes but the icons on the Xbox home screen look a bit blurry :confused:

next010

Distinguished Member
Thanks @next010

• I will look for input delay, not sure i see that option.
  • I will look for HDR tone mapping, not sure i see that option.
  • Variable refresh rate was detected by the Xbox
  • I have the t.v set too 4K 60hz, it does have the option for 120Hz @ 1080p but i don't think my son wants that anyway.
I don't know if it's my eyes but the icons on the Xbox home screen look a bit blurry :confused:

Try turning up the sharpness to 10-15 on the TV.

If VRR is supported by the console then the VRR range is 48-60 at 60hz output, this will help 60fps games remain smooth when the FPS drops. Some games will have an internal toggle between quality (30fps) or performance (60fps) that must be manually changed, there is no global setting.

If Dolby Vision is enabled on Xbox that will be used to process all HDR games (even if not DV native), when it activates DV check that there is a DV game mode preset, some LG TV's might default to DV Cinema. I'm not sure if this TV supports DV, if no then ignore the above.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom