Best settings for Rel Strata 5 for movies ?

zamwessell

Can anyone recommend the best settings for a Rel Strata 5 for movies?

I know it's partly to do with placement in the room but just wondered if anyoned had any tips.

Thanks.

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
I don't know if I dare.:devil:

What settings are you currently running? What's your other kit? Have you played with SPL meters or the likes?

Russell

zamwessell

russ.will said:
I don't know if I dare.:devil:

What settings are you currently running? What's your other kit? Have you played with SPL meters or the likes?

Russell
Ok,when i run through it it says:

Lf 49
Hi 44
Fr 47
Sd 8
Ph 18
Dt 60
Br 1
Tr Hi

Amp = Arcam AVR300
Dvd player = Arcam Diva 137
Front speakers = Monitor Audio GR10
Centre speaker = Monitor Audio GR Centre,
Surround speakers = 2 pairs of M&K k-4

Not played with any SPL meters.

I am happy with the sound but just wondered if i could get it to sound a bit tighter but still with oomph....if that makes sense?

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
mine is more or less the same except sd is set to 0....

oh my high level is set a bit lower, 38 i think....but for music i dont want the deep bass overpowering the rest of the music......

edit: forgot crossover, 39, my GR10's dig pretty damn deep considering their size.....lol

B3anstar

Formerly 'MattTheBeanster'
settings on my storm 5

Lf 56 - use an spl meter to set this
Hi 56 - i use hi and lo level at the same time so makes sense to me to have it at the same.
Fr 45 - check your speaker manuals for the crossover point
Sd 0 - it's an opinion thing, positive more slam, negative more depth (i think it starts to "wallow" though :).
Ph 0 - once the other bits are set, try either and see which sounds better for your room.
Dt 0 - so it'll turn off the display when not changing things
Br 1 - any thing else is too bright :eek: